OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shed hunters ? WITH PICS

Started by Limbstrutter, February 11, 2011, 10:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisun

John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

Limbstrutter

Yall better get after em be for the squirles chew em up ,there hitting the ground.  Post some pic's.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

knightrider

WNY Bowhunter

I've got 5 so far, but I'm pretty sure that there are a bunch more buried under the snow yet.  My goal to to find 15.  Hopefully,  I can stumble on a couple of monsters like in some of the previous posts...:anim_25:.

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

latimer shedhead

If you find horns now, where i live they're still on the deers head. Season closes tuesday then the temp is going to be in the 70s so the birds will be singing next week. Gotta love it! Except for the old lady

flintlock

Just found the one this am.

4pt shed.  I sure thought I'd find a good one today, but it wasn't the case.  I did have a covey of quail skeer the be-jeebers out of me as I was busting through some briars.   :you_rock:

I also stumbled up on this antique Nehi glass bottle - has Mar 3, 25 (I guess it is 1925?) on the bottom.  It was at the edge of a small family grave yard where the brush/trees has taken over.  The headstones I could read were late 1800-1915.  Pretty cool stuff

Good luck
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Limbstrutter

Way to go Wess! Nice start. Some friends have been calling and have picked up a few today. Gonna hit it again tomorrow.  Good luck.  Dave
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

snapper1982

i only picked up 28 this year bottom pic is the boggest. right at 70 inch

WNY Bowhunter

Found two more yesterday while out turkey scouting which makes 31 for the season.  Here are a few of my better ones:

This massive 68 4/8 typical  shed (70 1/8 non-typical ) is my best for the year...

The neighbor kid has the other half which I'm still trying to acquire from him.  Together they would gross around 151...

Nice 5-pt...

Another neighbor kid beat me to one field and picked up this 155" set...

Few more...

My smallest for the year...

WNY Bowhunter

I forgot to add that my shedding season is about wrapped up now, so...BRING ON THOSE LONGBEARDS!!!!  :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:

PANYHunter

Wow.  WNY looks like you have a few studs running around!!   :anim_25: with the longbeards

BOFF

Great find guys!! There are some bruisers posted!!

Found one half yesterday while bush hogging. A typical 2 year old 8 pt. Shed is still in the tractor.

I'll see about getting it out and snapping a pic.

God Bless,
David B.

BOFF

Great helper you have there!! She's a cutie!!

"I found 26 so far but the bucks seem to be holding way late this year. I am done but I am sure I will find a few turkey hunting. Here's a few pics.

<snip>
                                              TURKEYSLAYER 101"

God Bless,
David B.

BOFF

Well, it was some good pics of a young helper, but the post got deleted.  :TooFunny:

God Bless,
David B.