OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Still having 11-87 issue

Started by buzzardroost, March 01, 2018, 06:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardroost

So now after months of trying to work on this thing, I'm still having issues. I took it to a gunsmith. He said I needed a new trigger assembly and sent me on. I tried one from my buddies gun and it worked perfect. I ordered one from Midway ($130) and put it in today. Now I just have a different problem. The gun tries to load two at a time. When comparing the assemblies, the one I got, looks a tad shorter than the old one. So now I'm worried I got the wrong one. This is the one I bought. I'm guessing I can't even return it now that it's used, I don't know. I've never been so frustrated with a gun in my life. Any ideas? Did I order wrong part?  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100557903/remington-trigger-plate-assembly-remington-11-87-12-gauge-magnum-right-hand-synthetic-black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

falltoms

Had same problem s with one years ago. Back and forth to gunsmith and Remington. Didn't fix things. I got rid of it. I know on the older one's the gas port holes weren't big enough

dutch@fx4

Are you running the action Slowly by hand. What happens when you Let It Slam shut the way it should

Gamblinman

I just pulled my 11-87 Super Magnum and one 11-87 out of the safe to compare and confirm.

The trigger assembly on the left is out of a Super Magnum. The one on the right is out of a standard 11-87 that shoots 2.75 and 3" shells.

That's why the feed ramp is longer on the left one. You need to positively confirm what shotgun you have.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

buzzardroost

I have a super magnum. The midway description says magnum. Did I screw up since it doesn't say super magnum? Didn't even see one that said super magnum.

pabossie255

Yep a 3" is considered a magnum also so you got the one for the 3" not for the Super Mag.

buzzardroost

Great. I still can't find one that says super magnum.

Gamblinman

So which gun do you have? If you have a Super Magnum, here are 2 part numbers for the trigger plate assembly.

F401553

F112111

You'll have to call Remington to determine why there are 2 different numbers for the same part. Both listed as black matte. I'm gonna guess that one superseded the other, but just guessing.

BABS9

I had a problem a while back contacted Remington and they sent me a new trigger assembly for my Supermag for free and haven't had a problem since.

Gamblinman

Brownells lists that part as factory discontinued. Call Remington and see what they may have.

buzzardroost

All that's really broke is the carrier and carrier latch. Much cheaper parts than a trigger assembly. I don't have any special tools to replace that though and the gunsmith seemed uninterested in working on it.

yelpy

Send it back to Remington if you can't find the parts or find a better gun Smith that can get you fixed up.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

buzzardroost

I'm sick over this the more I research. Makes me sick thinking I've spent this much on a gun that is dead in the water. I'll be calling Remington in the morning to see if they can help at all.

Dtrkyman

Call man and sons.  they know Remington.  they are in Illinois.

Gamblinman

F109490 V-18 11-87 SUP CARRIER ASSEMBLY $24.72 discontinued - Call Remington

F200579 V-24 11-87 SUP CARRIER LATCH $4.12  available at Brownell's

https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/carrier-parts/carrier-latches/carrier-latch-sku767000762-17979-42797.aspx?sku=767-000-762