OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

the Pinhoti Project

Started by Cove, March 01, 2018, 10:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahifishn

Quote from: Cove on March 12, 2018, 07:51:15 AM
We had a fine opening week fellas! Gathered quite a bit of footage that should give any serious turkey hunter goosebumps. The Pinhoti Project is off to a stellar start!

Certainly didn't cut em any slack! What's the game plan moving into the next couple weeks?

Cove

Quote from: mahifishn on March 12, 2018, 08:24:34 AM
Quote from: Cove on March 12, 2018, 07:51:15 AM
We had a fine opening week fellas! Gathered quite a bit of footage that should give any serious turkey hunter goosebumps. The Pinhoti Project is off to a stellar start!

Certainly didn't cut em any slack! What's the game plan moving into the next couple weeks?

Alabama starts Thursday. We will be with them until the end. The end being June 2nd this season.

Cove

Quote from: buzzardroost on March 03, 2018, 10:17:16 PM
Ready to watch. Pinhoti project......Pinhoti trail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our turkey hunting roots are firmly planted in the grounds along that trail. The name seemed fitting.

TauntoHawk

Can we please talk about how these boys are lying the smackdown right now. For anyone not only  Instagram they are shooting like a bird a day it seems lately.

Pumped for the final footage

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ranger

You ain't kidding.  Those cowboys only smoke cigars for one reason
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

dublelung

I was really hoping this was going to be somewhat similar to what The Hunting Public guys are doing. I'm not on IG or FB and haven't seen un updated Youtube upload since the FL snippet.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: dublelung on April 19, 2018, 09:09:01 AM
I was really hoping this was going to be somewhat similar to what The Hunting Public guys are doing. I'm not on IG or FB and haven't seen un updated Youtube upload since the FL snippet.
I don't think they are as quick on the editing so right now it's just 30sec videos in the truck and field pictures.

Maybe they will do DVDs like Chad Clycomb does with fired up or just a YouTube video series

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gobble!

Quote from: dublelung on April 19, 2018, 09:09:01 AM

Daily vlogs would be sweet.

tha bugman

Dave's interview with The Hunting Public guys was awesome!  Very well done and some good information to be gleaned from it! :happy0064: :happy0064:  Ya'll keep hammering them Cove and we will keep living vicariously while putting a few down ourselves!  ;D ;D ;D

Grey Owl

I'm really late to this post but I had never heard of Dave until Lonnie Mabry told me about him just after Unicoi. I've got get out from under my rock more often. Lol.

Although I've hunted all my life I've found very few TV/media shows of hunting that I enjoy. The one exception is Jim Shockeys Uncharted show. I'm not watching anything that appears disrespectful of the game killed and I guess I'm too set in my ways for the foolishness of many shows.

The Pinhoti Project concept and hunting is has quickly become a favorite of mine right there with Uncharted. I appreciate Dave's type of hunting and the respect shown.

Well done.

I hope you continue.

ddturkeyhunter

i second it that Dave and the guys did do a nice job! And hope they continue it again this year, need something to watch next winter when it gets cold like now. I am up to movie only #36 so a few more to see. One other thing Dave Owens, along with Tom "Doc" Weddle together have a nice information interview in TURKEY MEN 2 book.

Jeremy66

I have found myself going back and watching again as the season gets closer.  Don't get any better.

Dave seems to really want to help everyone become the best turkey hunter they can be.

CALLM2U

The format of the Pinhoti Project is perfect in my opinion.  It has a very 'real' feel to it and it's like I'm watching my good friends turkey hunt even though I've never met Dave.  His buddy, "Chubbs" is a spittin' image of the personalty of one of my good friends and you can tell they have a blast hunting together. 

I REALLY hope Dave decides to do it again in '19.  I'm not even all the way done with '18 and I'm hooked on it. 

charlesgoff71

Great vids. Nice to see the whole process and not just the kill. Big fan of the pinhoti project and the hunting public videos.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

jryser

Quote from: charlesgoff71 on January 29, 2019, 08:56:01 PM
Great vids. Nice to see the whole process and not just the kill. Big fan of the pinhoti project and the hunting public videos.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
I'm hoping to film Dave and Chubbs this year even once - PP saved my sanity last year, and I'm still writing and recording THP's music so if I draw an Iowa tag we will be doing our thing like last year!!!

Real great bunch of hunters and people!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk