OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 2018 Strut Stoppers welcome thread  (Read 8045 times)

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: 2018 Strut Stoppers welcome thread
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 12:46:57 AM »
Birds were hammering yesterday morning.  Going to be a long wait till our Florida opener.
If I have a good first week in Mississippi, I will be coming that direction myself. I love florida birds, unique challenge, but one of my favorite places to hunt.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Offline backwater

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 06:28:55 AM »
Birds were hammering yesterday morning.  Going to be a long wait till our Florida opener.
If I have a good first week in Mississippi, I will be coming that direction myself. I love florida birds, unique challenge, but one of my favorite places to hunt.

I thought I recognized your name here.   We exchanged some pm’s and texts regarding the mounting of the FF3 via the 336 mount.    Looking at your signature line you got it taken care of.  I think that was a couple years ago.   How are you liking that set up?
Ray

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 10:51:44 AM »
Great job getting things going TH! Glad to be back on the team! Welcome to the team Ray! Can’t wait to get rolling guys.

I was getting the itch, lol. I didn't know what everyone's thoughts were on a captain. I just started getting stuff around when it was time. I'm sick of deer hunting and ready to smash some heads!!
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
 Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Offline birdman67

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 08:35:54 PM »

[/quote]

I was getting the itch, lol. I didn't know what everyone's thoughts were on a captain. I just started getting stuff around when it was time. I'm sick of deer hunting and ready to smash some heads!!
[/quote]

You know my vote would go to you as captain anyway! Haha
Loving God's Creation!

Offline birdman67

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »
I am looking forward to the MS season but I’m going to head to western Oklahoma the middle of April to chase those Rios! I’m ready and waiting guys
Loving God's Creation!

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 12:56:03 AM »

I thought I recognized your name here.   We exchanged some pm’s and texts regarding the mounting of the FF3 via the 336 mount.    Looking at your signature line you got it taken care of.  I think that was a couple years ago.   How are you liking that set up?
Ray
Yeah that was in 2015. probably one of the best things I ever did to my gun. I did quite a bit of work to my gun. Total make over from a field gun to a true turkey thumper.  I sight mine in pin point, where the wadding will punch the bullseye out of a target at 20 yards over and over again. It was a game changer for me. I even set one up for an older friend of mine, and he also agreed...why haven't we been doing this all along

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 07:13:03 AM »
My vote is for turkey harvester for captian, he already has us going and did a great job last year.

Backwater and I went out to scout some public ground a couple weeks ago, we did have a couple
Gobblers on a camera: but we came home with 1 less camera. That is why we only buy the $50 cameras. 1st time having one stolen but still sucks.

Anybody else out scouting yet?

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 07:04:59 PM »
Don't guess I've ever shot an aim point or scope on a shotgun. I did take my back true glow sight off and just shoot front sight. I put a .660 Jebs in the ole mossy last year and wow. I finally shot a longbeard through it and was fairly impressed. I want to put an adjustable stick on it. Bout 1" too long for my T-Rex arms,lol.
I don't care to be captain at all, I didn't want to make it seem like I already was by putting stuff in our board. I just got ansey lol. If someone wants to be the captain, I'm all for it. Just getting the itch and got tired of deer hunting. I'm ready to start scouting and checking out a couple of farms.

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2018, 04:51:08 AM »
So are you forfeiting "being the captain" or just asking if anybody else wants to be the captain. I think weve all been happy with you as the captain

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 09:24:55 AM »
Not forfeiting, just asking if anyone wanted to try. I have no problem whatsoever being captain of this awesome turkey slaying team,????. I think we got some really people here. Myself I'd like to see our same team return each year. I know my pet gobbler, Johnny Ringo, is definitely feeling his oats as of late lol.

Offline backwater

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 11:02:13 AM »
It looks like Turkey Harvester has done a good job in the past...I’m new to the team.    My vote is for him.   

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 08:42:41 PM »
hes done a great job. stick around bro.

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 10:07:59 PM »
Sounds like a plan to me!!! I'd be happy to captain this turkey whackin ship!!  Plus, if something comes up, and I'm outta pocket, there's a few that can help me keep tabs till I get back. It was 71 here today, 68 yesterday. Actually run the mower some dead grass,????. Flowers coming up everywhere, but it can't be over that quick,lol. I'm waiting for the slap in the face by old man winter.

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 12:53:40 AM »
yeah it wouldn't surprise me to get another frost before the season arrives. its been a pretty warm February. I went and listened this morning, but it was overcast and kinda muggy. didn't hear anything. its been raining a lot here, if we could get a blue bird sunny day they should start cranking up real soon

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 08:50:33 AM »

Done a little work to the mossy this weekend. Definitely shortened up the butt stock and made it fir better.