Main Menu

Olympics

Started by BottomLand54, February 12, 2018, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

Watching snowboarding right now we have basic tv no satellite or cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greencop01

I stopped watching a few Olympics back, too much politics and political correctness.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

BottomLand54

I say go USA

Bolandstrutters

USA hockey just started as I was getting ready for work.  Now time to go find some wifi and watch the rest of it on my phone!  Also looking forward to womens bob sledding.  Its like bowling drunk with the gutter rails down.  Throw it as hard as you can and bounce off the rails the whole way down. 

tha bugman

Winter Olympics is by far my favorite. 

BottomLand54

Quote from: tha bugman on February 14, 2018, 08:52:57 AM
Winter Olympics is by far my favorite.
Mine too

Greg Massey

Lefty

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 13, 2018, 08:23:25 AM
OAR.   Olympic Athlete Russia...there are some Russians just not directly supporting their country...And as for curling its worth watching just to see the beautiful Russian girl!!!

That girl is a goddess!!!

KYHeadhunter02

Had to..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

idgobble

My wife is glued to the TV when the Olympics are on. I was a ski racer when I was young so I like the skiing and watch most of it. Two of my ski racing coaches had gold and silver medals and had lots of Olympian friends I got to ski with. I did a lot of bobsledding and like to watch that. Skiing and winter sports were a big part of my life when younger and I still ski. My college ( Univ. of Vermont) has 11 students competing in this Olympics so that is interesting, too.  I watch a little of almost all of the events. Two of my favorite pastimes are turkey hunting and skiing.  How's that for an odd combination?

BottomLand54

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on February 15, 2018, 10:45:29 AM
Had to..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That is hilarious lol

BottomLand54

Quote from: idgobble on February 15, 2018, 12:53:13 PM
My wife is glued to the TV when the Olympics are on. I was a ski racer when I was young so I like the skiing and watch most of it. Two of my ski racing coaches had gold and silver medals and had lots of Olympian friends I got to ski with. I did a lot of bobsledding and like to watch that. Skiing and winter sports were a big part of my life when younger and I still ski. My college ( Univ. of Vermont) has 11 students competing in this Olympics so that is interesting, too.  I watch a little of almost all of the events. Two of my favorite pastimes are turkey hunting and skiing.  How's that for an odd combination?
As cold as it is in Vermont you may have to ski to your spot to turkey hunt. Haha

idgobble

I haven't lived there since 1973. I shot a turkey there that year and another in '78 when I visited my family. Now I'm in the NW.  We sometimes have snow still here during turkey season in some of the places I hunt. Turkeys sometimes follow the snow line as it melts because there's fresh grass, etc. coming up. Usually, though, it's warm enough in most places I hunt so the snow is long gone.  I once shot a turkey in WY during a heavy snowstorm and I've called in a few while it was lightly snowing.  There's a good topic to start.  Who hunts when it's snowing? Watch for it today!

SteelerFan

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on February 12, 2018, 10:33:54 PM
Curling is my jam. I don't know what it is about it but I can watch it for hours on end.

I'm almost positive they let you drink beer during the "match". Probably don't show it due to advertising concerns...  :TooFunny:

BottomLand54

I would like to try that Skelton sledding