turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pot call sound boards

Started by Spitten and drummen, February 11, 2018, 09:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Does any call maker use copper , titanium, or brass for a sound board? Heard of a slate over copper. If not can of you call builders tell me why.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

M,Yingling

i have found that them metals for sound board is tuff turkey to tame ,, just droping them in my pots seemed come out realy high pitched  ,, i built a few  had few guys like them but not some thing i desire to make,,  iam sure theirs builders out their that have it figured out ,, but to me dont think its worth the time for end results 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

mastevt

Quote from: M,Yingling on February 12, 2018, 03:26:54 AM
i have found that them metals for sound board is tuff turkey to tame ,, just droping them in my pots seemed come out realy high pitched  ,, i built a few  had few guys like them but not some thing i desire to make,,  iam sure theirs builders out their that have it figured out ,, but to me dont think its worth the time for end results

Or the money for that matter.  Those materials are more expensive than glass or slate.  Why reinvent the wheel?  When glass and slate give you such great sound?

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: mastevt on February 12, 2018, 08:06:46 AM

Or the money for that matter.  Those materials are more expensive than glass or slate.  Why reinvent the wheel?  When glass and slate give you such great sound?

Why reinvent the wheel? Simply because turkey hunters like different sounding and unique calls. Why use green slate , which by the way i love , over grey slate. Grey slate and glass sound great.  Green slate jumped high on the demand because it has a different sound. Also price wise? well the playing surface on some calls are the mentioned surfaces. If used as soundboards then they would be smaller than a playing surface meaning they would cost less.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Spitten and drummen

thanks Mike. That makes sense.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Chris O

I like having something not everyone else has. I have a Yingling slate over copper that I really like .it does good soft but really sounds like a Gobbler yelps when you get on it .