OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: H&R sight options  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Laloom83

H&R sight options
« on: February 03, 2018, 10:40:18 AM »
What are my sight options for the camo H&R 10 gauge?  Looks like tru glo made a 10 gauge smooth barrel front sight but don’t stock it anymore.  Are there any other good options beside a red dot or scope? Should I paint the bead or can I unscrew it and change it out for some type of fiber optic bead?  Any suggestions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Rem Man

Re: H&R sight options
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 12:47:45 AM »
    Have sumtoy put rifled sights on it!!

Offline Laloom83

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 11:54:10 AM »
    Have sumtoy put rifled sights on it!!

Did you have this done to your?  If so could you share a pic?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rem Man

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:09:05 PM »
   I did have it done on Several single shots and they worked great! Sorry I don't have any pics. I sold all of them. He uses Williams fire sights, rifled sights.

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 12:36:02 PM »
Its a 12 gauge, but SumToy put these Williams sights one for me. Excellent work.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Laloom83

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »
Its a 12 gauge, but SumToy put these Williams sights one for me. Excellent work.

Did you just mail them the barrel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »
Yes, called William to let him know what I wanted, and he said ship the barrel. He's a very busy guy, especially this time of year so make sure you put a note in the box and a tag on the barrel with your contact info. He did an excellent job.

My H&R with a single bead patterned low - probably 40% at the bead, 60% of the pattern below the bead. I didn't like the idea of floating the single bead, so asked William if he'd D/T for fiber optic rear and front sights.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Offline Singleshot1

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 04:01:21 PM »
Do you know which sights he uses, I want to put a set of the ghost ring sights on mine?

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 11:25:50 PM »
Do you know which sights he uses, I want to put a set of the ghost ring sights on mine?

He installed a Williams Fire Sight front/rear fully adjustable. Call him, he'd help you.