turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Body modifications

Started by new2turkey, April 16, 2011, 01:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2turkey

This is a piercer I know... I would never have pushed my body this far...

And now that I do think back, I really do regret it. If I could go back I wouldn't have done it, but then again that is liek alot of things.

Mailman

One Shot One Kill

S.C.C

Quote from: Mailman on April 16, 2011, 09:44:35 AM
we all have our regrets.
No human has to live on this earth with past regrets!!
Seek and except the Peace that is offered to all mankind while you are still alive on earth!! :jesus-cross:

redarrow

I have none of the things you mention.Tattoos are ok to me though. Actually I wouldnt mind having a tat .
A preacher once told me that such things bring attention to self and not to the Lord.

Mailman

Didnt say I live with them. I am at peace with the Lord. I was raised Catholic. Never missed a Sunday at church. Even when on vacation or camping. First thing our parents did was go into town after getting setup and find a church. But thanks for your good advice.
One Shot One Kill

BHhunter

I have always been old school, and not too many people where I grew up in a small town in central PA had much for tatoos. Within reason I have no problems with it. The piercings are another thing. I grew up in the "that's the wrong ear" time when piercings came out, and if a guy had a pierced ear he must sit down to pee. My dad had told me that if I ever came home with a pierced ear I would have a bloody stump from him ripping it out.
I now can accept the pierced ears and tatoos within reason, but I just don't get the stretched ear, pierced eye brows, lips, nose ect. and tatooed face/neck.  To each his own, I look at it as less competition for me when it comes time for a job interview. If I would be the HR man in the interview, it would be a very short one and the resume droped in the trash as they walked out. I must also add that I'm retired military and that stuff just did not fly in our time.
I just have to ask the question, what are these people trying to represent themselves as?
So, that's my opinion in a nut shell

LongbeardExpress

God put all the holes in me I need.  Also I kinda got this thing about pain.  I cause myself enough by accident, I dont want to add to it intentionally.  Ink dosent bother me, if its done to mean something.  Each one you get takes away from the meaning of the others to me, so once you have 1/2 your body covered, they start becoming just drawings to me like a kid that draws on himself at school. 
I do have to admit that I cant hire someone with extensive tattoos or the ear thing or nose rings or lip rings.

Ryan

guesswho

I've been thinking about getting me some man boobs, then having them pierced.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

new2turkey

S.C.C

Quote from: guesswho on April 16, 2011, 10:51:39 AM
I've been thinking about getting me some man boobs, then having them pierced.

Do that and go shirtless with your tailfan head gear and you'll fit right in at the GAY pride fairs going on across the country!! :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

gobbler74

To each his own to do what they wish...those have to live with the decisions...
I have seen earlobes from ripped out earrings back when that trend started to be popular with my generation...excessive facial piercings seem strange. There wont be any under my roof.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

TurkeyPotpie

I have tats and regret them. The ear stretch thing I dont get.

No offense to anyone, but it looks weird and fruity. 

I'm all for the implants on the ladies.

Yep, don't mind those at all.   :happy0064:

MDbowman

I had a piercing once for a short while......does this count??? :you_rock:

You said it yourself, the earlobes showed status and wisdom in ancient cultures.  Think you will have a hard time finding someone to buy into that today.

guesswho

Quote from: MDbowman on April 16, 2011, 12:27:35 PM
I had a piercing once for a short while......does this count??? :you_rock:

I wonder why that trend never caught on.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

busta biggun

It seems that body modifications are meant to shock people. In that regard I would say they accomplish the mission.