only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many are switching to TSS ?

Started by Gamblinman, December 29, 2017, 03:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Quote from: Gobble! on January 26, 2018, 04:07:53 PM
Quote from: kdsberman on January 26, 2018, 01:51:32 PM
I guess if I did bite the bullet and spend the money on these expensive shells, they would last me a while thanks to Michigan's ridiculous 1-bird limit. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch. I hate only getting to kill two a year in MD.
x2 in Missouri and 1 would be real tuff!

Spitten and drummen

I load my own and it doesn't matter what the market does because I have enough components to load around 500 shells give or take. Happy happy happy.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

owlhoot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 26, 2018, 08:05:12 PM
I load my own and it doesn't matter what the market does because I have enough components to load around 500 shells give or take. Happy happy happy.
[/quote
] You sure you spent/got enough?lol
You might stock up some more !

kdsberman

Quote from: owlhoot on January 26, 2018, 04:25:33 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on January 26, 2018, 04:07:53 PM
Quote from: kdsberman on January 26, 2018, 01:51:32 PM
I guess if I did bite the bullet and spend the money on these expensive shells, they would last me a while thanks to Michigan's ridiculous 1-bird limit. 

Ouch. I hate only getting to kill two a year in MD.
x2 in Missouri and 1 would be real tuff!

It IS real tough!   Wait all year for my favorite hunting season and before u know it, it's over.

trkehunr93

Quote from: USMC0331 on January 16, 2018, 06:00:18 PM
Playin Devils advocate part 3,  Indians used bow and arrow, throw the shotgun away.
Devils advocate part 4, atlatl, killed mammoths why not turkeys

BottomLand54

Lasso em

owlhoot

fallhnt

Was at Bass Pro today. Didn't see any Federal TSS on the shelves yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Prospector

Thought about it then decided that this was just the same Ol argument I had with using 2 shot from a new angle. I believe hunters who roll their own most likely carry a respect and sense of responsibility with them BUT I believe these companies that will now offer TSS by mail for anyone with the $$$ is encouraging SOME to chase the 50+yd turkey shooter... which like #2's will likely increase collateral wounding as patterns open up at range. Not trying to offend or make enemies, my opinion. I've made Long shots and I've missed long shots but over my last 32yrs turkey chasing the mark I measure my success on isn't how far he was but was he killed clean at 25-35yds.
In life and Turkey hunting: Give it a whirl. Everything works once and Nothing works everytime!

bamahunter

Quote from: tha bugman on January 18, 2018, 12:46:15 PM
I am currently on the fence, but I probably will.

That means "yes" from a fella who likes to pattern as much as you do... #9s are gonna blow your mind :)

And to answer the OPs question, I did last year and ain't looking back.

Swampchickin234

Gimme $1,000.00 worth of tss and a $100 gun any day and I'm happy. As long as I can shoot it, I won't shoot anything else.

Bigeclipse

Quote from: Prospector on January 28, 2018, 06:32:58 PM
Thought about it then decided that this was just the same Ol argument I had with using 2 shot from a new angle. I believe hunters who roll their own most likely carry a respect and sense of responsibility with them BUT I believe these companies that will now offer TSS by mail for anyone with the $$$ is encouraging SOME to chase the 50+yd turkey shooter... which like #2's will likely increase collateral wounding as patterns open up at range. Not trying to offend or make enemies, my opinion. I've made Long shots and I've missed long shots but over my last 32yrs turkey chasing the mark I measure my success on isn't how far he was but was he killed clean at 25-35yds.

this has some truth to it but also is wrong. there will always be people chasing the extreme distance shots, but sometimes people are just looking for a great pattern. For example, with a 20gauge for recoil sensitive people or youths it will be easy to get a great pattern with basically any model shotgun with any type turkey choke using #7 or #9 loads. No more spending crazy dollars on new guns or chokes and finding the right combo. Simply grab a shotgun, throw a full choke on it...put some tss#9s in the chamber and pattern for POA/POI. The patterns will almost certainly be dense enough to take a bird inside 40 yards.

M,Yingling

the LB 6  pattern just great out my gun dont see how it could get much better then maybe more pellets   ,, wont say ill switch,  but got box apex just see what they shoot like .waiting on outside temps get like better
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Trax

Quote from: Greg Massey on January 24, 2018, 09:00:31 PM
Quote from: owlhoot on January 24, 2018, 08:47:00 PM
Missouri has a shot size of no larger than number 2 shot. lead was mainly used at  the time this came in effect. The regulations were for safety in the turkey woods and was said to cause fatalities  . I would wonder what size tss would have the same energy?
I'm just guessing 7.5 would be close to 2 shot in Tss

Can I get #2 TSS?
What would be my range then?

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Trax on February 09, 2018, 01:21:19 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on January 24, 2018, 09:00:31 PM
Quote from: owlhoot on January 24, 2018, 08:47:00 PM
Missouri has a shot size of no larger than number 2 shot. lead was mainly used at  the time this came in effect. The regulations were for safety in the turkey woods and was said to cause fatalities  . I would wonder what size tss would have the same energy?
I'm just guessing 7.5 would be close to 2 shot in Tss

Can I get #2 TSS?

23-1/2 YARDS.
What would be my range then?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE