OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

3-2011 GOBBLER BACK FROM TAXIDERMIST WHATS YALLS OPINION ON THE JOB? **UPDATED**

Started by TANK, April 14, 2011, 11:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Quote from: LX_Trkyhntr on April 14, 2011, 11:44:14 AM
That mount is the #1 reason I haven't had a gobbler mounted yet.  I have seen so many mounts that were "okay".  I just don't wan to waste that much $ for something that is "okay".

However, I have recently found a taxidermist that does a GREAT job, and will not cause me to take out a loan to pay for it.  Now I just have to kill one that falls into my pre-determined size range to get mounted.

I'm with ya.
I would be pretty upset with that to tell you the truth.
As soon as I saw that I would of said "You ever seen a bird strut like that? Is there a wind storm blowing in his face?"

snapper1982

Cally Morris does a better job on his decoys than this guy does on his mounts.. congrats on the bird and sorry that you got took and the guy jacked it up...

Slowshoe

Tank can you make that third picture any bigger? It looks like the base of the fan is about a foot too high..
Swamp Dragons beware.

Birds only

With me being a taxidermist and doing Turkey's only, I have to say your mount is not worthy of the price you paid. Please look at my work www.birdsonly1.shutterfly.com I get a lot of my work from people who have experienced what you are now experiencing and I charge $600.  I'm not going to go into all the things I see wrong with the mount because any picture of a real strutting bird will do that for you. That being said, if you like it, that's all that matters.

deerhunt1988

TRKYHTR

It is anatomically wrong. If you look at Harvesters turkey in his signature. You can see the big differences. Hopefully he will make it right but than again he let it leave his shop looking like it does. good luck,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Gobble!

savduck

Georgia Boy

OLE RASPY

Nice bird congrats Like the coloration in the first pic but cant see it in the mounted pics.The tail fan is way to high and he looks off balanced on the limb.The head coloration is a little to bright and were one paint ends and another one starts its like u drawed a line it each color should slightly fade in with the othe.Now you got me wondering bout my merriams and osceola i got at the taxidermists but i have seen her mounts and if she mounts mine like the ones ive seen i will be happier than a cat covering up shat.Good bird but mount is awful sorry man.

redarrow

Considering you paid for a strutter ,I think you got ripped off. Do you have a receipt that says strutter? I would ask that he make it right or give me my money back and go elsewhere.

BowBendr

It's hard to tell from the pics, but it doesn't even look like the same bird to me.
In the 1st pic, you can see beautiful colors in the fan, but in the other pics it looks like a completely different tail fan...where did the color go ?
Looks to me like he kept your original tail fan and substituted another one for it.

handcannon

Yeah Tank, I'd probably be a little jacked up about that on too. With you posting this for our honest opinion evidently your not satisfied either. It does look like he put a 3" lift kit in his butt and jacked the tail up too high. The tail fan does look like it needs to have a higher angle in it if it's gonna have the traditional full strut look to it. I really dont think you got your money's worth out of this guy and think you should print out all these replies and take it with you when you go to see him about it. He wont be taking only your word for it but a lot of other guys as well. Just like us callmakers, if he wants to keep up his reputation and try to have repeat customers, he should really try to make things right by you.

dawgfrombama

I'm not a taxidermist but I have two birds mounted. In the third picture he looks deformed.  Great bird though.  Congrats on a fine gobbler.  You should get some money back on the mount.