OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1 Gun, 4 Shells, 1 Caller...

Started by Spurs Up, July 01, 2017, 06:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

10 year old Mossy 835 with a PG .670 choke, 3 1/2 Hevi 7's
Hooks EX or EX 2

Spurs Up

Quote from: Chris O on July 02, 2017, 07:56:19 PM
I would go with my CZ 712 utility with kicks tube and 3" Federal premium #6's 2 oz load and a Mike Yingling cactus Titanium with 2 strikers one is his carbon and the other would be Osage so far,but I'm getting a couple others to try. I haven't even hunted this call yet but I already know it's a killer.

Sounds like a killer combo.

Glad you could clarify that Yingling thing.  Sbbow's post had me thinking he's was baiting them with beer. :drool:

Double B

Beretta 390 with a .665 Hastings choke, Longbeard XR 6's.   And probably an Ol Yeller with a gray tip striker, ready for any weather. 
Followed by buzzards

Blong

Remington  Youth 870, rem super full,
tss 8.5, 1 5/8
XT diaphragm or wingbone

daddyduke

Remington 20 ga 870 Compact 21" Barrel
Federal 3" Strut-Shok #5s
Quaker Boy waterproof box call
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Multiple grand slams and one single season slam all with an 870 super mag special purpose, Williams fire sights, Sumtoy .650 and hevi 13 6s.

The call is irrelevant but I prefer a mouth call from Hooks.

Blong

Illini Tom

i am still carrying the gun i started turkey hunting with in 1991 - mossberg 500
have shot winchester 3 inch XX no. 5s for about 20 years
one call ... would have to be a diaphragm and my current favorite is a woodhaven copperhead

Yoder409

Super X3 with a Burris Speed Dot 135 and an Indian Creek BDS tube
3 1/2" LBXR in #5 or #4............  take yer pick
Gooserbat Heckler diaphargm
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

trkehunr93

My 835, 4 3.5" Win HV 5's and my Cody glass as long as I can carry multiple strikers or my old Quaker Boy push pin.

Tail Feathers

Winchester SX3 20 gauge.
Federal HW 7's out of a Carlson's choke.  Can't remember the constriction....580 maybe?
The call would be a Hooks Executioner II or a Woodhaven Red Wasp, whichever sounded good to my ear before the first hunt.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Hook hanger

Winchester 1300 nwtf 12ga
2-7 x 33 leupold
Indian Creek choke 660 constriction
2 Oz load of tss
Call would be an old mad super aluminator with an acrylic striker.

tha bugman

Old Faithful-12 gauge Remington 3" Hevishot #7 with Ventilator choke, Primos True Double

Dr Juice

My SX2 with a Leupold 2-7x40 scope
with Winchesters LBs in 12ga, 3.5", 2oz of #4s
with a Woodhaven two reed mouth call.

Tombo

Gun- Benelli M2 20ga.                                                    Ammunition - my 1.625oz tss9 reloads.                      Call- mouth call. Either Gooserbat or Hooks