OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Seeing Poults!

Started by bbcoach, June 01, 2017, 05:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

Been out to our lease several times in the last couple weeks and we are seeing several hens with poults.
We were out doing some painting of our shooting houses and ran into 2 different hens that wouldn't leave the area or run off.  Upon further investigation we understood why.  Both with poults.  We were back out on Tuesday, driving in another area, and we ran into another hen with 5 poults.  Seems to be a productive spring.  Hope most of the fur balls make it.

Bowguy

We've been seeing poults too, hope they make it as well

mgm1955

dutch@fx4

We're abouts wouldn't his be. South.

bbcoach

Quote from: dutch@fx4 on June 03, 2017, 01:42:50 PM
We're abouts wouldn't his be. South.
Eastern NC.  Seems to be a nice hatch this spring so far.  Hope the predators leave them alone and the population increases.

dutch@fx4

We have lots of baby geese so far in southern Ontario. I have not seen any baby turkey yet. Seen a few fresh fawns. Hope for some sun shine and the rain to let up for a month or so. Lol we have been seeing steady rain all spring

bbcoach

Back to our lease today for some more spraying.  We arrived early this morning (6am) and were treated to 2 hens with poults.  Counted at least 10.  First hen had 5 or 6 and the second, the same.  First hen just gathered hers and slowly walked away.  The second hens poults got startled and flew up into some nearby short pines.  I stopped the Atv I was on, shut it down and observed.  Mama worked her way out into the shooting lane, started clucking, the poults flew down and off they went.  The poults are growing rapidly.  Glad to see they are able to fly, it will help them avoid predators.

tha bugman