OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: If you upgrade......  (Read 3089 times)

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
If you upgrade......
« on: May 28, 2017, 02:05:29 AM »
Please make sure the pics are up to par.
I've been talking to some other captains and there are some concerns with our pics, and it's not just our team.
We have several entries that show detached beards and detached legs. Nobody accused us of cheating....
Let me make it perfectly clear, we were not accused of cheating, we have all been doing this a long time and other guys/teams know that we have never tried to pull the wool over any eyes. It's just that it leaves the door open to speculation. When beards/spurs get removed, they could have been taken from the best of several birds to make a better entry. Several of us captains got together and decided to not make a fuss over it for this year, but committed to each other that we would deny those entry pics next year. Sound fair ? It was the best I could do without scrapping some entries and demanding pics that you probably don't have.....

Offline Captain Hooks

• EZ Outdoors
Re: If you upgrade......
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 10:25:57 AM »
That's understanding.  It can be a challenge to get those pics up to pare when your solo...

Offline whitelightning

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:06:17 AM »
I agree, taking pics by yourself is a challange. However this year I got the ticket. I bought a Sony VCT-R100 Lightweight Compact Tripod with 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head off of amazon for under $30, and a cell phone tripod mount. Put the cell phone on 10 second timer, angle it to take a good pic and shoot away. So much easier.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/tn8dB2k.gif/img]

Offline chcltlabz

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 09:20:49 AM »
And this is why I debate getting back into this contest every year.  The pics are a pain to take, and now people are accusing/debating cheating in a contest with no prize?  SERIOUSLY???

I have an upgrade, the pictures are done, and if they're not up to snuff, so be it.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Offline Doug Lewis

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 04:41:35 AM »
I get it .... but I also have to agree what has been said so far. Y'all would be surprised at the panties that get twisted in this contest. I've had several pm's from other team members saying "I can't do that..."  Issues and tissues fellas