turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hen Box

Started by The Woodsman, May 26, 2017, 06:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strutnrut

I am still buildng calls even though i have slowed down some. I will do my best to build call as often as possible.

mgm1955

I have several from multiple makers and IMO hands down Richard's are head and shoulders the best. Plus he's a super guy!!

3bailey3

Hey guys I have one of Richard 's trumpet that he donated to a local forum to help fund it that I won, I would trade it for one of his hen boxes, great looking call but I haven't been able to be consistent with any trumpet, I can email pics if anyone interested.

hunter22

I agree with Mike above. Richard makes an awesome Hen Box. I hunt this one.

MG150

Here are my two Hen boxes by Richard

mgm1955

Haven't got a pic, but the one that goes with me is snakewood/crabapple with some Kelly Puckett artwork. Second choice is a snakewood/teak. Both are fantastic sounding calls!!

3bailey3

Hunter what is your wood combo, look awesome

hunter22

Quote from: 3bailey3 on May 30, 2017, 09:10:05 PM

Snakewood over Black Limba

M Sharpe

Richard Hudson.............

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: hunter22 on May 30, 2017, 09:47:39 PM
Quote from: 3bailey3 on May 30, 2017, 09:10:05 PM

Snakewood over Black Limba

I have the same call out of the same batch of wood yours came from Ricky. man its a great box call.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

CMBOSTC

They sure are pretty calls!

GSLAM95

I have a few of Richards Hen boxes and will say they can be deadly!

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

mgm1955

Bunch of great looking boxes!

troutfisher13111

Excuse my ignorance,  but this thread has peaked my interest. What constitutes a box being called a "hen box"? And is there a advantage/disadvantage to them? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sixbird

Richard explained to me that his "hen box" is actually a hybrid between a turpin and some other call (he has a southern accent and I'm from N.J. so I'm not sure what that other style is). I'm not sure if the "hen box" is of his design or if that's a type that he adopted and put his spin on...
Maybe someone here with more knowledge about that design could chime in...Or maybe Richard will see this and enlighten us...