turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Schaffer Aluminum?

Started by Coop1082, May 25, 2017, 07:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

The season has been over for a while now in south AL, so now instead of early mornings and late nights my wife gets to deal with the mail box being flooded. I'm in the market for a new aluminum. The Hank's Padauk aluminum was my very first aluminum call and it put two birds on the ground this year. I have seen SO much talk about Jimmy's Sapele aluminum/aluminum and I think that's the route I want to go. Question is, does Jimmy do a slick or stoned surface? The Hank's is slick but I had to hit it with 220 grit sandpaper one good time to get it to run without the occasional squeak. I'd like to go with an aluminum that had next to no conditioning necessary except for an alcohol pad every now and again. Opinions welcome!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

BABS9

Jimmys aluminums are bead blasted anodized aluminum. Very good grip. The surface isn't slick at all. Not much conditioning required other than alcohol pad like you said.

Snood Life

Love mine. I have had it over a year and only used an alcohol wipe once. It has never slipped. Gobblers love it too!! Great choice.

And like BABS9 said, it is a bead blasted.

Coop1082

Thank you fellas! Making the decision a lot easier!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

MikeStaten

Needs no conditioning at all, just a quick wipe with alcohol. 

Bowguy

Like the guys said only a wipe and the birds eat it up. I've got a few n would never get rid of em

VAarrowslinger

Yep

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Happy hooker

I just got the sapelle in a trade,,first aluminum,,what is the alcohol wipe you guys talk about?? Something you buy,something you make??

sbbow

Quote from: Happy hooker on May 30, 2017, 06:04:08 PM
I just got the sapelle in a trade,,first aluminum,,what is the alcohol wipe you guys talk about?? Something you buy,something you make??
Just a regular alcohol wipe that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snood Life

Quote from: sbbow on May 30, 2017, 06:39:04 PM
Quote from: Happy hooker on May 30, 2017, 06:04:08 PM
Just a regular alcohol wipe that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, the ones I have used came in an individual packet.

sixbird

On some calls, the rubbing alcohol kills the sound because of the oils in it. 91% solves that problem. You can get it in any supermarket or drug store. Just use a paper towel or clean rag to apply it...
As for Jimmy's aluminum. He makes an aluminum over aluminum in a ash pot that is one of the best I've heard...Of course he just plain makes a nice call so any combo that he sends out will be killer...

Bowhuntr73

Just a alcihol wipe and the right striker your good to go.

HookedonHooks

Anyone got any Schaffer Aluminums they want to sell?

Chris O

With all the talk about the Schaffer aluminum is this the same call as the atomic 13 ? Or is this a totally different call or call maker? I have been on his website and never saw anything about the atomic 13 thanks for any info

HookedonHooks

I can't answer as I'm in the market myself for one, but there's three calls he makes that I believe all the hype is over. One is the Atomic 13, then the other two are Sapele calls one being alum over aluminum. And the other Crystal over aluminum.