turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

tell me...must buy pot calls?

Started by steeltowninwv, May 23, 2017, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steeltowninwv

what are the must buy pot calls.......and i mean ones that are still being made today........and also are there any production calls u guys carry with ya

so far i have these on my must buy list
lonnie sneed outlaw hen
tim oldham slate

Coop1082

Halloran Twisted Sister or Crystal Mistress, Trice black acrylic aluminum over aluminum, Hanks Padauk Aluminum, Hanks Zebrawood Glass over Aluminum. Those are just a few I like a lot that are fairly easy to get your hands on without a long turnaround time. My personal favorite is a Brad Roberts Poplar bronzed glass over aluminum. Brad recently ran out of bronzed glass and couldn't get anymore, but he was/is searching. If he starts producing the call again I'd make that a must-have. I can't say enough good things about mine. His Zebrawood and blue mahoe in the same surface are very popular too.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

CMBOSTC

idratherb

none, just get a couple mouth calls and you can kill all the birds you want.

Spitten and drummen

Darrin dawkins stoned aluminum or crystal in a plastic pot. A lom trice aluminum over aluminum in yellowheart pot. Also a eddie wynne slate in persimmon pot. Lot of great pots out there but these are a few sure enough killers. As far as production calls i would say a cody world class or spec 1 slate. Those sound awsome.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sixes

There are so many great makers out there, just look thru some of the "favorite" call threads and you will see a huge array of callmakers. A lot will depend on what you want to spend. Any of the highly mentioned callmakers on here will make you a call that YOU like, some might take longer than others but some will have some ready to ship.

West Augusta

Riley Corder Anodized Aluminum if you can get one.
Glen Marrer glass over glass zebrawood.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mspaci

I make my own, sold all my high end pots,  Mike

hunter22

I have been at this a while and probably have 200 pot calls. That said some of the outstanding callmakers with not so long wait times are Lon Trice, Darrin Dawkins, Jimmy Schaffer, Pat Strawser, Glen Marrer, Bill Lyman, Kimmy Hanks, Andy Kaiser, Ed Jenkins, Brad Roberts, Mark Cornelius, Dustin Jones, Mike Yingling, Lonnie Sneed, etc. Some great pot call makers with longer wait times are Paul Platz, Clint Corder, and Tim Oldham. I am waiting on a slate Persimmon from Eddie Wynne now. 

Coop1082

If your looking at the "right now" game check out midwestturkeycall.com. They have a pretty solid selection a lot of the time from some of the highly praised call makers mentioned so far. Hanks, Halloran, Strawser, and a few others can be found there quite often.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Ericbrooks

Quote from: idratherb on May 23, 2017, 07:35:17 PM
none, just get a couple mouth calls and you can kill all the birds you want.
I agree with this 100%
But I still like playing on a high quality pot occasionally.
Mike Yingling copper is fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodney gillikin

pure t mimicked and ill show picture of it being made if you want. thanks
Rodney Gillikin @
Pure T Momicked game calls
Bettie NC
https://www.facebook.com/PureTMommickedGameCalls/

nsselle

Not much of a pot guy, but daybreak calls?

letinmfly

Quote from: mspaci on May 23, 2017, 08:33:06 PM

Mike makes a good slate.  Lots of good callmakers mentioned already.  If you can find one get a slate made by Ralph Chandler!!   :icon_thumright:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

S.C.C

Quote from: letinmfly on May 24, 2017, 11:57:24 AM
Quote from: mspaci on May 23, 2017, 08:33:06 PM

Mike makes a good slate.  Lots of good callmakers mentioned already.  If you can find one get a slate made by Ralph Chandler!!   :icon_thumright:

Got one in Osage with sage and pecan strikers that needs a good home??