turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Not Quite Done Yet!

Started by GobbleNut, May 23, 2017, 12:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Well, as it turns out, I got a last-minute invite to run up to Utah for a "bonus hunt"!  ...Thought I was done for the year, but now have new life.  I'll be looking for that 70-point gobbler!

wvmntnhick

Good luck buddy. Hammer a good one man.

hookedspur

Good luck Jim hope you have a great hunt and be safe.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Roost 1

Good luck buddy kill a big one.,.

snapper1982

GobbleNut

Thanks guys!  ...I'll hope to have a good report after the trip...

whiskey

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vicksburg

Well, i am officially done now.  My son and i got back home from Nebraska last night, and i didn't get an upgrade.  In fact, i never uncased my gun.  I spent both days guiding my 12 yr old. He killed 2 nice 3yr old birds and had a blast...
It's been fun guys... Our team breaking 600 points is pretty incredible!  I'm already looking forward to next year...
]

Roost 1

Sounds like yall had a great time....Congrats.

hookedspur

How did your trip go Jim ?
CRUSADERS

GobbleNut

Quote from: hookedspur on June 01, 2017, 01:02:07 PM
How did your trip go Jim ?

It was a great trip, although a long drive!  I had never been up there before.  Utah has some pretty spectacular country. 

I roosted this gobbler the first evening we got there.  Went to him before daylight the next morning and was able to get a great set-up on him.  Gave him some soft stuff right before flydown, did two flydown imitations of hens coming out of the trees, hit him with a yelp series of a hen on the ground, did a couple more wing-stretch imitations, and he sailed out of the roost and plopped down thirty two yards from me.  He went into strut, stepped behind a tree so I could adjust my gun, and then stepped right back out into the open where I summarily dispatched him.  I couldn't have scripted it any better. 

hookedspur

Beautiful Bird and Picture Jim.  Congrats on a Text Book hunt Brother.
CRUSADERS

Roost 1

Congrats and thanks for sharing the story. I'm still waiting for the part about him scoring 65 or so...LOL

whiskey

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BOFF

WOW!!

What a great hunt and a BEAUTIFUL bird!!

Congrats!!

God Bless,
David B.