OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sick of the nonsense

Started by Bowguy, May 23, 2017, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbac

Have to agree with bowguy 100%. I could even go a little farther than his comments!

Thank God for crazy white guys with guns like... Sam Adams, Patrick Henry and John Hancock.

Also thankful for all of those who paid the ultimate so we can have this debate.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Jroddc

Quote from: Rzrbac on May 27, 2017, 06:51:48 PM
Have to agree with bowguy 100%. I could even go a little farther than his comments!

Thank God for crazy white guys with guns like... Sam Adams, Patrick Henry and John Hancock.

Also thankful for all of those who paid the ultimate so we can have this debate.

:agreed: :boon: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Tom Foolery

Quote from: Rzrbac on May 27, 2017, 06:51:48 PM

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an  :you_rock:

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: Bowguy on May 27, 2017, 05:44:21 PM
I was thinking something. Just trying to be open minded. Since the two libs on here think the muslim terrorists are so misunderstood, maybe they can talk sense into them. We haven't actually tried this yet.,
You can sell your agenda of allowing people illegally into their country, taxing the system in order to sway to type country it is. You can tell them it's not right to pray in public. Get em to take down all religious items from public view. You can talk about guys n girls being even, about allowing same sex couples to love each other freely, take away all their assault rifles, after all theirs are more dangerous than ours? It's prob just the guns.
You can talk to them about being kind and not eating meat or bullying, you can even get em to respect other religions. Maybe some sensitivity training?
The two of you can get a bunch of like minded folks to block their vehicles, protest or otherwise disrupt their day.
Maybe they'll build habitat for humanity if you ask hard enough. Idk guys you all are the experts. Whatever you think works but I nominate you to take the lead on this one. I'm sure you can do it

The amount of generalizing and assumption contained within this post is almost impossible to address.

First, I don't identify as a liberal.  I just don't believe in intolerance or stereotyping. 

Second, I never once said Muslim terrorists are misunderstood.  I said the Islamic community and their society is largely misunderstood.  If people misunderstand things, the optic through which they formulate their opinions is skewed.  That's not a good thing.

Muslim terrorists who attack Christians in Egypt are vile.  Just like Bashir Assad using chemical weapons against his own people is vile. Just like rascist rednecks with confederate flag shirts swerving to hit a black guy walking down a road in Mississippi are vile.  Just like a crazy white guys who yell at Muslim women in Portland Oregon and sit the throats of the people who stand up for her is vile. Just like a rascist kid who goes into a black church in Charleston and shoots innocent people because of the color of their skin is vile.

Third, you're quite defensive if religious liberty in your post.  I have no issues with religion or people who practice it.  I have issues with people who use their religion as a weapon against others because they feel superior in their beliefs.  I have gay friends.  I have gay colleagues.  They are not lesser people.  They didn't choose to be who they are just like you didn't "choose" to love women (I presume you do).  They have rights and I do not support the religious community's attempts to deny those rights based on some bullsh*t moral justification.

I could go on but we're not going to agree on any of this so I'll digress.

g8rvet

I just want to point out a few things that may not be popular.

I also have gay friends, clients and relatives.  Many of them are Christians and attend church.  It may not be the church you attend, but one is an elder in my church, our piano player and a vibrant member of our church.  I have had several meaningful discussions with him on the subject.   If he were Muslim, depending on the country in which he lived, he would be dead, at best. 

People always like to give examples of atrocities committed in the name of Christianity and that is valid in pointing out hypocrisy, but not valid in pointing out the differences in Christianity, Judaism and Islam.  It is just not.  If you are, or were a Christian (thinking Crusades, KKK, Westboro, etc), you are quite simply not following the teachings of Christ.  If you are a Muslim, you can freely commit jihad against the infidels and follow, to the letter, the teachings of Mohammed in the Q'uran.  Then an atheist or  agnostic points out the violence in the Old Testament.  That is a history of the people of God according to all three religions (yes, Muslims too, they are people of The Book).  In Christianity, Jesus gives us the New Covenant (new promise) between believers in Jesus and God.  There is no call to killing, no call to taking over other lands and imposing religious law - in fact quite the opposite.  So when admonishing a modern Christian of the atrocities committed by a Christian, it does not ring true, as the modern true Christian believes those acts were NOT committed following the teachings of Christ.  And will condemn them.  The same does not hold true in Islam.  Read the Pew Research poll on Islam (hardly a right wing organization) for some eye opening differences.

I believe a liberal can look at the world and intelligently, even prayerfully come to very different conclusions than me and that person is worthy of respect (ie Jimmy Carter) even though I will agree with almost nothing they say.  I have read extensively on many of the world's major religions and Christian denominations and my opinions, while open, are well formed for me.

A great, short read is America Alone by Mark Steyn.  He is not from the US. 

Terrorism should be prosecuted with fervor regardless of religious affiliation and if a group has the majority of terrorists, I have no problem in targeting that group. I don't hunt turkeys at the beach.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Bowguy

Quote from: g8rvet on May 28, 2017, 08:22:13 AM

I also have gay friends, clients and relatives.  Many of them are Christians and attend church.  It may not be the church you attend, but one is an elder in my church, our piano player and a vibrant member of our church.  I have had several meaningful discussions with him on the subject.   If he were Muslim, depending on the country in which he lived, he would be dead, at best. 

People always like to give examples of atrocities committed in the name of Christianity and that is valid in pointing out hypocrisy, but not valid in pointing out the differences in Christianity, Judaism and Islam.  It is just not.  If you are, or were a Christian (thinking Crusades, KKK, Westboro, etc), you are quite simply not following the teachings of Christ.  If you are a Muslim, you can freely commit jihad against the infidels and follow, to the letter, the teachings of Mohammed in the Q'uran.  Then an atheist or  agnostic points out the violence in the Old Testament.  That is a history of the people of God according to all three religions (yes, Muslims too, they are people of The Book).  In Christianity, Jesus gives us the New Covenant (new promise) between believers in Jesus and God.  There is no call to killing, no call to taking over other lands and imposing religious law - in fact quite the opposite.  So when admonishing a modern Christian of the atrocities committed by a Christian, it does not ring true, as the modern true Christian believes those acts were NOT committed following the teachings of Christ.  And will condemn them.  The same does not hold true in Islam.  Read the Pew Research poll on Islam (hardly a right wing organization) for some eye opening differences.

I believe a liberal can look at the world and intelligently, even prayerfully come to very different conclusions than me and that person is worthy of respect (ie Jimmy Carter) even though I will agree with almost nothing they say.  I have read extensively on many of the world's major religions and Christian denominations and my opinions, while open, are well formed for me.

Terrorism should be prosecuted with fervor regardless of religious affiliation and if a group has the majority of terrorists, I have no problem in targeting that group. I don't hunt turkeys at the beach.
Well said

Bowguy

One of the differences between liberals n normal folks is the libs ability/desire to see things as being "even" when speaking way past tense and when things are way skewed against them.  Things happened thousands of years ago aren't the same as kids being killed yesterday nor one instance the same as many . We've got to move forward and better the world.

The other thing is the excuses, sort of where Hillary got her playbook from but if you ask a normal guy about Timothy McVeigh which is certainly a bad dude most folks would just call him wrong and leave it at that. Libs make excuses why their people do what they do.

Jroddc

S.C.C

Quote from: warrent423 on May 28, 2017, 09:51:40 AM
Piss on the gays and piss on the muslims, and most of all, piss on liberals

X2......they are all three hurting every society as a whole and there is no excuse for either!!!
Been a big problem with all three for thousands of years!!!

Jroddc

LaLongbeard

Quote from: compton30 on May 26, 2017, 07:20:27 AM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 26, 2017, 06:26:35 AM
Quote from: compton30 on May 26, 2017, 04:15:15 AM
I would have loved to have had a discussion on the extreme vetting process of refugees from the Middle East, right up to the point of referring to Liberals as "Lib-Tards." Just a complete turnoff that has me wanting to have zero conversation with someone with a different point of view of things. Then again, I'm just a "lib-tard" so what do I know about anything?
Kudos for at least realizing your one.The first step in fixing ones self is realizing you have a problem.

I think I'll stick with my "problem", Reverend.
.  Only question I have for liberals...how much time have you spent in the middle eastern countries dealing with these people. They have pure undiluted hatred for you as an American and they do not understand or care how many bleeding heart tree hugging everybody has rights liberals are in America They want the same end for you as they did for me it's in there DNA.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

stinkpickle

Quote from: warrent423 on May 28, 2017, 09:51:40 AM
Piss on the gays and piss on the muslims, and most of all, piss on liberals

The irony is that a lot of Islamic nations (at least the problem ones) feel the same way.

LaLongbeard

.The old Testement makes clear Gods stance on homosexuality ( Sodom and Gomorrah for one) also says a man with a man or a women with a women is an abomination. Jesus plainly says in the New Testement that he came to fulfill the law ( Old   Testement) not change the law. No we're in the Bible does homosexuality get Gods approval it is the one an only thing I can agree with muslims about.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: Bowguy on May 28, 2017, 08:57:31 AM
One of the differences between liberals n normal folks is the libs ability/desire to see things as being "even" when speaking way past tense and when things are way skewed against them.  Things happened thousands of years ago aren't the same as kids being killed yesterday nor one instance the same as many . We've got to move forward and better the world.

The other thing is the excuses, sort of where Hillary got her playbook from but if you ask a normal guy about Timothy McVeigh which is certainly a bad dude most folks would just call him wrong and leave it at that. Libs make excuses why their people do what they do.

Your redneck rhetoric is pretty amusing.  Instead of dissecting the many contradictions and falsehoods in your beliefs I think we should just agree to disagree.  You can't make small minded people understand that all things are not as linear as they'd like them to be.

And btw, libertarians aren't liberals. I'm not a fan of liberals and the way they seemingly want to destroy what little identity America has left. I'm not a fan of a lot the Left tends to identify with. Libertarians just have a sincere general tendency to truly be truly small government without feeling the need to impose religion on others.  It's about stay the F out of other people's lives unless their actions truly violate your constitutional rights.

Bowguy

Quote from: Phillipshunt on May 28, 2017, 10:29:04 AM

.The old Testement makes clear Gods stance on homosexuality ( Sodom and Gomorrah for one) also says a man with a man or a women with a women is an abomination. Jesus plainly says in the New Testement that he came to fulfill the law ( Old   Testement) not change the law. No we're in the Bible does homosexuality get Gods approval it is the one an only thing I can agree with muslims about.
God is clear homosexuality is a sin, same for sex period outside of marraige, thinking about cheating on your spouse or hurting someone. He says you can sin in thought. Jesus also sat w the sinners n said "only the sick come to the Dr".
He said not to judge He'd judge in the end.
I'm not a pro any type sin guy but I sin too and it's also been said he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Homosexuality can't kill thousands like the terrorists can