OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Midwest Whitetail – Spring Thunder

Started by chadly, May 12, 2017, 06:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadly

Anyone here watch the videos?  They are an Iowa based deer hunting show and they turkey hunt all over.  The deer hunting show is led by Bill Winke.  Living in Iowa and only hunting state ground I love watching Public Land Crew (Aaron and Zack main guys).  These guys work hard and hunt ethical.  They kill some really nice deer every year on camera, on state ground.  I can relate with the frustrations they go through hunting public ground.  I just learned of the turkey hunting portion of the show this season.  I can't use a mouth call so I envy those who can.  Aaron Warbritton who leads the turkey show can call outstanding.  I see him call in birds that I know if it were me they would pay no mind or run the other way.  I concluded today that I could put a few decoys in field 300 yards away and Aaron could probably call them in.   Seriously he sounds that good.  I don't have a tv so I youtube the videos.  I'm not even sure if they have tv show.  Just curious how many of you enjoy them?

bluetick58

really like checking every day how they have done

Fullfan

Never heard of them, and don't care much for tv hunters.
Don't gobble at me...

stinkpickle

Ahhhh, those are the Cabela's videos.  Now I remember.  They're pretty good.

HookedonHooks

I check their video blog just about every other day. They really do show a good Public Land team and set an example for people that are looking into public land turkey hunting. They obviously push cabelas and wood haven products like there's no tomorrow but get past that and it's a super good show.

Brian Fahs

I like the show. I wish I had the time and energy Aaron puts it his work.

dublelung

I really enjoy it. Been subscribed to Midwest Whitetail for a few years and started watching the turkey webisodes this year when Aaron and crew came to hunt Mississippi public land. They're dedicated, ethical, and work hard for their opportunities, I'm not sure how anyone could dislike that.

akp

appalachianassassin

ahhh, warbriton calls ok I guess. overall I like their show.

TauntoHawk

Aaron does a good job with the show, they do a good job showing real hunting in a good light.

There's actually a good handful of great turkey hunting videos on YouTube.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WisTurk

I really enjoy the series.  They don't come off as pretentious to me and they're not afraid to show when things go wrong along with the kill shots.  Plus they just don't hunt huge private tracks of land, unlike a lot of "celebrity hunters" that only hunt with outfitters and ranches all the time.  Yeah, they push a little product, but when you're well sponsored like that, you have to.  But their hunts aren't all infomercials either.

njdevilsb

I look forward to Mondays each week to watch both of the shows.

Dtrkyman

Like Aaron for sure...I believe he does the production work for all the shows as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

Aaron is a super nice guy. I've met him a couple times.
Andy and David from Tennessee are local guys and I've known Andy for years. We share a mutual cousin lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdog

That Andy guy is a doppy looking dude