OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 2017 Spur Collector Birds  (Read 10881 times)

Offline WNY Bowhunter

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: 2017 Spur Collector Birds
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 02:48:03 PM »
Awesome!  That second pic is beautiful, thats some pretty country ya'll have up there.  Is that an 835 I spy?  Def. a Mossberg!

This is REAL NY...not that crappy city 6 hrs to the east!!! We have pretty good deer/turkey hunting here in the western Finger Lakes Region of the state. I was really ticked that I forgot my good digital camera this morning. Yes, that is an old woodland 835, just like mine.

Same vineyard/winery property in the fall.

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 02:58:25 PM »
Awesome!  That second pic is beautiful, thats some pretty country ya'll have up there.  Is that an 835 I spy?  Def. a Mossberg!

This is REAL NY...not that crappy city 6 hrs to the east!!! We have pretty good deer/turkey hunting here in the western Finger Lakes Region of the state. I was really ticked that I forgot my good digital camera this morning. Yes, that is an old woodland 835, just like mine.

I may have to see if I can find some public land up that way sometime and see that beauty for myself.  My mom is originally from New York.  Do not quote me on this but I think she was born in Ithaca. I know we have been to Ithaca, Candor, and Marathon.  Got a good buddy from up there and we went stayed a week on the East Delaware in Downsville Trout fishing.  New York is an absolutely stunning place, when there is no snow, haha.  It is on my list.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 02:59:05 PM »

Went out with a good buddy of mine. Did some calling and we were able to get it done! Beautiful long beard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25!
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline WNY Bowhunter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 03:03:59 PM »

I may have to see if I can find some public land up that way sometime and see that beauty for myself.  My mom is originally from New York.  Do not quote me on this but I think she was born in Ithaca. I know we have been to Ithaca, Candor, and Marathon.  Got a good buddy from up there and we went stayed a week on the East Delaware in Downsville Trout fishing.  New York is an absolutely stunning place, when there is no snow, haha.  It is on my list.

Ithaca is in the eastern Finger Lakes Region about an hour and a half to the east.  There happens to be a 2700 acre chunk of state land less than a mile from where we killed this bird today. I hunt it occasionally. If you ever need info about it just message me!!!

Offline WNY Bowhunter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2017, 03:16:28 PM »
I hope to add #26 shortly!!!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Offline BABS9

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2017, 04:00:12 PM »
NY can be some very beautiful country if you are in the right areas.  The finger lakes region is some of the best in the state. I'm north of Niagara Falls in Niagara Co. . It is pretty nice out this way if your in the right areas. I do some hunting in southern part of the state. Southwest of the finger lakes. Allegheny Co, Wyoming Co. Very nice country as well . If you ever come out to NY let me know as well!