OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First turkey call

Started by tha bugman, May 05, 2017, 10:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

Primos Spring hen push pull probably in 84 and I lost it this season, great little caller and i'am still sick over losing it!

hunter22

Knight & Hale double glass in a plastic pot. Killed several gobblers with it.

KYFrid

Old HS strut glass in a green  plastic pot that I still have to this day. Killed my first gobbler using it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

callmakerman

On my birthday day before my first turkey season my sister in law bought me a Paul Butski (sp) two sided pot call and four reed diaphragm. Both of which are long gone.

troutfisher13111

Mine was a Ben Lee diaphragm call. Can't remember the name of it or how many reeds it had.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SS Calls

Lynch World Champion box.

slwayne

Primos Box Cutter for me.  Never used it again after that first season but held onto it until a few years ago when I gave it to a newbie.

ElkTurkMan

Mine was Lohman Bill Harper Diaphragm.

HookedonHooks

I was given a Lynchs World Champion for Christmas when I was 6. Killed a ton of turkeys over that call, and one side's even split nowadays. It's time that one gets shelfed, and used only for particular special hunts. Just ordered another Lynchs to replace it.

Browning87

Mine was a Ben Lee Rodgers box that was handed down through to me from my grandfather.  I don't hunt much with it anymore but it will always sits front and center in my cabinet!!

1iagobblergetter

My first call was a Lynch jet slate ( still have the slate but somehow lost the striker over the years),Quaker Boy Grand old master box,and a fighting purr pushpin when they came out. Hunted the first couple years with these until I got into the custom calls.

Yoder409

First call I used and killed with was a tube I made from a couple 35mm film cans, some black electrician's tape and a surgical glove.

First calls I bought were Smith's (Summerville, PA) 2 and 3 reed diaphragms and an H.S. Strut Champion Yelper one-sider box.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Forked lighting

Lynch fool proof hen still hunt with as good a box as you could ask for have over 15 still my favorite

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

MikeStaten

HS Strut Black Magic aluminum pot call and HS push pin

Vabirddog

First call, A "Tiny" Coiner slate in the mid 70s. Gave it to a friend after calling in lots of fall turkeys for he and I.  First box, a Ben Lee box, signed in pen on the bottom, great sound and super gobble. First diaphram a Perfection double, killed first spring bird with a Perfection triple.