Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The battle is heating up.

Started by reflexl, May 04, 2017, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

This is where it gets interesting. We already know there are some cold blooded killers on some of the other teams. With around 4 weeks left nationwide there will be a bunch of birds hit the ground. Everyone has done a awesome job. I know we have a little time left. Hopefully some of us will get a upgrade. I saw gobblezilla again. I don't know if he can be killed legally. We have been locked into mortal combat for 4 years. He would be around 15pts of upgrade. I am not going to hold my breath though. First mature gobbler that works Saturday is going to get a face full of shot.

TNTRKYHunter

I am still trying for an upgrade. I have killed a couple more birds. Both with better spurs and beard, but they were on the light side on weight, so that cancelled out my upgrade. Still after them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callaway71

Same here. I battled a gobbler for an hour and a half this morning at FC. He would not commit and stayed between 75-100 yds away. At one time he may have reached 50 but I decided not to shoot. I'll be at it again tomorrow.

reflexl

After gobblezilla this morning. Had the perfect plan. I was heading to a crossing and he let out one of his prehistoric gobbles. I had to improvise. I am stuck half way accross the field from where I need to be.

catman529

Quote from: reflexl on May 07, 2017, 07:50:18 AM
After gobblezilla this morning. Had the perfect plan. I was heading to a crossing and he let out one of his prehistoric gobbles. I had to improvise. I am stuck half way accross the field from where I need to be.
I would like to hear his gobble. This bird has my interest. I really hope you get a shot at him.

reflexl

He won again. if I had been there 20 minutes earlier I would have at least had a shot at being in the right place.

hookedspur

Your team has put together another great season and looks to be mighty close again this year . Congrats to you all.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

reflexl

Thanks.very proud of this bunch. Except the two seasons of disaster we have a bunch of killers. Altogether we killed around 30 birds. We still have tomorrow and I believe some going to others states. I figured it was going to be a battle and it hasn't disappointed. Very thankful this year that we didn't have 5 tornados in one night, broken bones, car wrecks, lyme disease, work schedules changing to 7 days a week and some of the other things that have happened to this team. As far as I know we only have one member that hasn't killed a bird. Just bad luck but he will battle to the bitter end. Y'all have an awesome team as well.

MDbowman

Reflexi - back in March you posted up this post with a pic of a goofy stuffed turkey on the GOT board:  "I want this to  be a good fair competition. It occurred to me that some of you may not know what a turkey looks like. Just so you know here is a picture of a prime turkey."

Thanks for the great sportsmanship. We may not have done as well without that pic as a reference!

Congrats to the TDT on a great season, we always have fun with this contest.

Happy

Congrats Tennessee team. You boys have killed a bunch of em.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

TNTRKYHunter

Just wanted to say that I am proud to be part of a great group of turkey hunters. You all are great. I have certainly enjoyed another turkey season with you all. Already looking forward to next season.

reflexl

Thanks all! Even though we smacked a lot of birds I for one will have to say its been a tough year. I am already getting excited waiting for opening day!!  So proud of this team and the effort put forth doing something we truly love. I think everyone will agree that all the teams did a great job and played fair. Special congrats to all the teams in the 500 club. It takes some serious hunters to put up 500 pts and I think everyone will agree with that statement. We sure enough gave it a shot. Sincerely hope we can keep this bunch of killers together for 2018.

Roost 1

I concurr about the 500 club. It's quite an accomplishment just to get 12 guys to actually participate.
First team I was on I was the only one that submitted a bird. Can be aggravating to say the least.

reflexl

The first time I played 4 out of 12 turned birds in. I had 3 birds killed the first week. It was frustrating. That was one of the reasons we started a team.