Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

No debate, no peeing match, just a simple YES, NO, NEVER HAVE, or NOT ANYMORE

Started by dublelung, May 03, 2017, 11:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HOOKS1

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

fallhnt

Quote from: fallhnt on May 04, 2017, 01:19:36 PM
This wins...lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I tried to put Yelpaholics post in with Tapatalk. Didn't work but he wins. Great post....lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

saltysenior

It depends on whether I'm on Public Land # 164 in PA. or on the King Ranch in TX......

SteelerFan

Quote from: yelpaholic on May 04, 2017, 12:32:54 PM
Yes i carry a feather flex decoy and fold it over the top strand of fences when crossing eliminates tearing my pants.. use it often :OGturkeyhead:

:TooFunny:

Cottonmouth

I tried them with little luck several years ago. Never really had the need but I could see where a bowhunter could use em

Lucky_Strutter

The Great White Spur Hunter

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Natty Bumpo

Bill Cooksey

Been several years since I shot a bird over one. Frankly, I enjoy the experience more sans decoy.

guesswho

Quote from: Blong on May 04, 2017, 10:11:57 AM
Yes. I bowhunt from a tent blind. I've already got their eyes beat by totally concealing my movement and the decoys take away any awareness of danger  they may have left. It's just as hard to shoot a milk jug but I can't brag that I bowhunt turkeys by shooting milk jugs.
In high winds I'm guessing it's even harder to shoot the milk jug.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Quote from: guesswho on May 04, 2017, 05:05:10 PM
Quote from: Blong on May 04, 2017, 10:11:57 AM
Yes. I bowhunt from a tent blind. I've already got their eyes beat by totally concealing my movement and the decoys take away any awareness of danger  they may have left. It's just as hard to shoot a milk jug but I can't brag that I bowhunt turkeys by shooting milk jugs.
In high winds I'm guessing it's even harder to shoot the milk jug.
No just paint them black and use a better stake...wind is not problem then....

g8rvet

Field - yes
Woods - no.

Could not care less what anyone thinks about how I hunt. To be fair, I don't care about how they hunt either.  Hunt more, worry less.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.