turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Omaha Nebraska Merriams

Started by shedhunta, May 03, 2017, 09:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shedhunta

Got an offer to go out and chase merriams on private property.  My contact says there are plenty of birds in his area and he has access.  Just wondering what to expect as far as terrain and if there really is a decent population in that general area. 

Thx
Shedhunta

hobbes

I believe Omaha will be Easterns.  I've seen them strutting from the interstate in fields near there.

nitro

True White tips are in the NW corner of NE.

Long way from Omaha..
Royal Slam 2008

hobbes

The birds I've seen around Omaha from 29 as we drive through look like straight up Easterns.  If hybrid, they'll be Rio-Eastern hybrids. 

shedhunta

I just looked at Map.  Looks like hybrids according to NWTF.  He has some pics of birds he killed.  I asked him for some. 

fallhnt

You need to be west of Omaha brah.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

spaightlabs

You can get into Merri hybrids in North CentralNeb also, but down in Omaha you are guaranteed eastern or eastern-rio.

TauntoHawk

drove through Omaha and saw a lot of birds around there they all looked 100% Eastern in colors.. I wouldn't pass up hunting them but I wouldn't expect any white tips at all
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

Terrain not too bad, the amount of turkeys there will blow your mind.  +1 on the interstate comment....also tennis courts, yards etc...  Good luck!