turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is it over in Tennessee

Started by slicksbeagles1, May 01, 2017, 04:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicksbeagles1

I went out Saturday and Sunday had no gobbling only saw a hen is it my area or is it over in middle Tennessee

bigdoc

That's what I am dealing with pretty much also. If you can get close to one they will gobble some and you have a chance to call him in. I have seen this before I think its a phase there in. Just keep at it, I have a buddy that had one gobble his head off this weekend. Good Luck

Poleaxe

Had one bird hammering off for an hour and half Friday on the other ridge and as we were walking out to drive to the lower end the two I tried to set up on originally fired off where we just left. Couldn't get them to play and didn't want to waste alot of time. Went around and saw 2 LB with a bunch of hens. Snuck within 80yrds and watched em both breed a hen. One walked off and the other I missed so. They were vocal the whole time they were in the field. That's over here in East tho but no it ain't over.

Tennessee Lead

Ain't heard a Gobble in 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I've heard a bird gobble one time in the last week...just one gobble ....

C.Kimzey95

I don't think so. Though the activity at my house has declined greatly and at one other farm, the third farm has birds that are still willing to play. And some of the public land I hunt has still been pretty hot. Just been rough weather. I know of several several birds killed in the last couple weeks. This last week especially.

Fatbeard

Not at all. Been great here in east TN. Heard birds gobble every morning before work. I have tagged out and working on trying to get my son one. But his job is hindering us
East TN Beard Buster

Poleaxe

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on May 01, 2017, 06:45:49 PM

You've probably killed em all. Drive on over here.

Volgobbler

Was going to start my on thread about  this but saw this one. Havent got to hunt in a week but haven't seen any gobblers in my fields or on camera.  Havent heard anyone else doing any good here in west Tennessee . Hoping next week  is a last good week

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: Poleaxe on May 01, 2017, 11:20:20 PM
Quote from: Tennessee Lead on May 01, 2017, 06:45:49 PM

You've probably killed em all. Drive on over here.
Lol!
If I could get loose for a few days I'd dang sure do it!

Greg Massey

Guys , i finally heard 2 gobblers this morning in West Tenn....but after feet hit the ground you couldn't get them to work....