OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: One for the Team...  (Read 2705 times)

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
One for the Team...
« on: April 20, 2017, 04:19:34 PM »
Crazy story to follow for today. Will post it up when I get a chance...but here is the end result. More pics to follow.

Been seeing a couple of birds at the house, which tends to be real hit or miss. We only have 4 acres so hard to commit to it for a hunt. Wed evening after dinner I went out the back door and hit the box call. I got a faint gobble over on the neighbors farm. Thurs morning I figured I would go down in our valley and sit for a bit before work. Got down there - warm, humid and no gobbles, not a peep. I got a text from a buddy down the road saying he hadn't heard any either. I walked over to the corner of my property closest to the farm and gave a few yelps with the box. Waited 5 min, nothing. Headed up to the house to get ready for work.

Headed out the door to go to work about 15 min later and as I am walking to my truck I heard 2 gobbles on the farm and headed to me! I ran into the basement and grabbed my gun, threw on a camo shirt and walked to my woodpile to wait for the next gobble. He gobbled and I could tell he had drifted back onto the farm a ways so I headed down the hill to a blind I had left down there from deer season. I got in, let out some yelps and he was on his way to me. About 10-15 min later he came walking by. Great way to start the morning!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:18:10 PM by MDbowman »

Offline BowBendr

• Double Beard
  • North Carolina
One for the Team...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 05:53:30 PM »
Looks like a good bird !
Looks like you popped him a good one too......

Gods of Thunder

Offline shedhunta

Re: One for the Team...
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 06:48:54 PM »
Nice job!

Offline derek

• The Boss Gobbler
    • The Bayside Legion
Re: One for the Team...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:20:54 PM »
Congrats again Pops!