OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEF, Single Shot

Started by lowoctane, April 08, 2017, 07:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowoctane

NEF, 3.5", shortened to 21", forcing cone pushed, threaded for Rem-chokes, fiber optic rifle sights, 40 yds, 55°, light wind, Win LB 3"X6X1.75, Comp N Choke .655, 203 hits.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Tom Foolery

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

old3toe

Lowoctane, I just picked up one of these at a pretty good deal. Mines 3.5" chamber and 24" barrel. I'll be shooting 2 3/4" or 3" shells in it. Doubt I'll use it this spring but am glad to see some results with others. I haven't picked up a choke yet. Might have it tapped if poa is off. If not I might go with a fiber optic bead. I'm still enjoying the heck out of my yildiz o/u 20ga. My first thoughts for a lead shell choke in the big 12 was kicks and comp-n-choke. Looks like yours is doing well. Nice pattern!

lowoctane

Quote from: old3toe on April 14, 2017, 10:21:33 PM
Lowoctane, I just picked up one of these at a pretty good deal. Mines 3.5" chamber and 24" barrel. I'll be shooting 2 3/4" or 3" shells in it. Doubt I'll use it this spring but am glad to see some results with others. I haven't picked up a choke yet. Might have it tapped if poa is off. If not I might go with a fiber optic bead. I'm still enjoying the heck out of my yildiz o/u 20ga. My first thoughts for a lead shell choke in the big 12 was kicks and comp-n-choke. Looks like yours is doing well. Nice pattern!
:morning:
Thx for yer kind words. I love messing with these guns. These little ones kill at both ends tho! Set them up for the times that I have to walk on public ground. Actually I had misplaced almost all of my Rem-chokes so it was slim pickings on patterning day. As it turned out, just found them, but a bit too late for this hunt...Enjoy your O/U!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

turkeykiller41

Nice patterns I just bought a nef sb1 12 gauge 3'' inch modified wanting to have it threaded for choke tubes who done yours and do you think I will be able to get it threaded to rem chokes fairly reasonable.

lowoctane

Check with William @ Sumtoy. He didn't do this one but did my Revelation and he's reasonable.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

turkeykiller41

I will I hope the od is thick enough to thread rem-chokes.