OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Call Shy?

Started by guesswho, February 10, 2011, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

Everyone needs to pick up a copy of this Months Turkey and Turkey hunting magazine.. A great article on the subject :z-guntootsmiley:

guesswho

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 24, 2011, 09:25:23 PM
Everyone needs to pick up a copy of this Months Turkey and Turkey hunting magazine.. A great article on the subject :z-guntootsmiley:
I saw that. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Yes, it was a great article.  I have to admit that I did not realize that T&TH mag included works of fiction.  Nor did I know that Mr. Strand was a charter member of the Flat Earth Society.  ...Learn something new every day!  

;D       :newmascot:       ;D       :newmascot:       ;D

shootumindaface

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 28, 2011, 04:35:26 PM
Yes, it was a great article.  I have to admit that I did not realize that T&TH mag included works of fiction.  Nor did I know that Mr. Strand was a charter member of the Flat Earth Society.  ...Learn something new every day!  

;D       :newmascot:       ;D       :newmascot:       ;D
Heck that article renewed my faith in popular turkey hunting media.. It was so well written and factual gonna read it again..

OLE RASPY

Is the article on call shy birds or what im trying to find it online as i dont subscribe to it.

shootumindaface

Quote from: OLE RASPY on February 28, 2011, 05:30:30 PM
Is the article on call shy birds or what im trying to find it online as i dont subscribe to it.
Its on the FACT there is no such thing as call shy turkeys...

GobbleNut

Just as it is a fact that parrots can't learn to mimic human speech, rats can't learn to run through a maze for a reward or to avoid a punishment, and bird dogs can't be trained to avoid rattlesnakes...and on and on and on and on.....
...oh, and by the way, the earth really is flat, after all.....so don't get too close to the edge

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 28, 2011, 06:07:17 PM
oh, and by the way, the earth really is flat, after all.....so don't get too close to the edge
thats where all the call shy birds run to when they hear a call, then they fall of the edge never to be heard from again.   Thus leaving no call shy birds!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

OLE RASPY

Quote from: guesswho on February 28, 2011, 06:18:04 PM
oh, and by the way, the earth really is flat, after all.....so don't get too close to the edge
thats where all the call shy birds run to when they hear a call, then they fall of the edge never to be heard from again.   Thus leaving no call shy birds!
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

shootumindaface

I am fortunate hear in MI that some head north.. I can virtually sit on the straits of Mackinaw and kill a Osceola, Merriam or Rio as they are desperately fleeing the real hen that yelped in the tree next to them.. Most are running shots, but if I keep an open choke I can knock em down..

knightrider

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 28, 2011, 08:45:37 PM
I am fortunate hear in MI that some head north.. I can virtually sit on the straits of Mackinaw and kill a Osceola, Merriam or Rio as they are desperately fleeing the real hen that yelped in the tree next to them.. Most are running shots, but if I keep an open choke I can knock em down..
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :fud: :turkey2: :deadhorse:

guesswho

BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Flydown

knightrider

reynolds243

agree with most. I think call shy is just a bad term for smart people wise bird...I dont any bird knows I am running a lights out aluminum call with a hickory striker.