OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Morel surprise

Started by MISSISSIPPI Double beard, April 04, 2017, 04:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I was huntin with my brother this morning on our mothers property. It's only 50 acres but now and then we see turks on the place. We did hear 2 gobs and called up 1 hen. The gobs were on the neighbors and didn't want to come. While walking thru I came upon some morels. We had been talking earlier how we thought it would be a good spot for some. There is a creek there along with cedar, elm and sweetgum trees. I felt as happy like I had shot a gob! My brother wasn't as enthused! LOL. We only picked a few, most were small.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

bigdoc

Awesome, I looked for some today with no luck, I am a beginner hunter.

mgm1955

nsselle

Gooserbat

Best eating found in the spring woods
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

daddyduke

Nice. Have a friend that would start picking them up with a Gobbler strutting in.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: daddyduke on April 05, 2017, 02:58:14 PM
Nice. Have a friend that would start picking them up with a Gobbler strutting in.
Lol
I have a friend the same way.
One morning I called him in a bird right off the limb. He killed it.
Later in the morning I struck me one.
As we set down he noticed the Dry land fish every where.
I've got the bird coming on a string and he's getting close enough I can hear the rattle in his gobble. I heard my buddy behind me who was in short sleeved shirt and jeans moving around. I took a quick peek and he was gathering them in a bag. I could have hit him with a stick lol. I got him set down just in time to kill the Tom at less than 30 yards.
It was a great morning. We are good that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

My Uncle found 340 Sunday. I would be in hog heaven!

Tom Foolery

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on April 05, 2017, 05:37:22 PM

Unreal!

I think I could eat my weight in those things.

Player

wvmntnhick

Darnedest thing, I don't have an eye for them. Sucks too because they're delicious when fried. I'd step on them way before I'd ever see them.

Clardh

They are nice Morels...only thing is they are in poison. Hope you came out unscathed!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on April 05, 2017, 05:37:22 PM

WOW!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

stinkpickle

Quote from: wvmntnhick on April 05, 2017, 09:14:01 PM
Darnedest thing, I don't have an eye for them. Sucks too because they're delicious when fried. I'd step on them way before I'd ever see them.

Same here.  I only find 'em when I stop to take a leak.  In other words, nobody wants to eat the ones I find.  ;)