OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Williams firesights on vent rib?

Started by Coop1082, April 03, 2017, 06:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

Any issues with these sights? I've seen where the screws are very tiny and apparently the installation can be agitating. Outside of these things what are yalls opinions fellas? Any issues with the screws backing out or the sight losing its center shooting 3.5's?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Tom Foolery

The screws are small, but you can order more if you break them.  Not that I broke any..........

Mine have been on a couple guns from a 20 gauge 870 through an 835 shooting 3.5's.  I put a small dab of blue loc-tite on them and I've never had one work loose. 

They made a new ghost ring rear that I put on mine that I really like so far so that's another option if you were a fan of ghost rings.

Coop1082

I'll have to check the ghost ring out! I appreciate the info. No ill effects with the loctite? I've been known to change chokes/ammo when the next year rolls around and didn't know how that would effect the readjustment of the POI.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Tom Foolery

I only loc-tite the base screws holding the sights on.  The rear has small windage and elevation adjust screws that snug up solid and will not move, even without loc-tite.

Rzrbac

I've had them for about ten years. I have had the elevation screw loosen twice.  I didn't use loc-tite on them though.  Other than that I've been pretty happy with them.

gobbler74

Ive had several sets of the universal sluggers. Very nice. As far as agitating to install it's no big deal. A little patience and no problem
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Bowguy

Look into the ghost ring. Same set up n yes can be agitating to install but the peep sits lower on my gun. It's cheaper too n apparently for no reason cept for less sales imo. I'd recommend trying the peep ( ghost ring)

potter

I could not adjust rear sight low enough on the rib, on bpsnwtf 10, im not sure if its a williams sight came with gun. Looks like it.