turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I've been abused........

Started by BowBendr, April 10, 2011, 09:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

I got taken advantage of by so many henned up toms this weekend, I need a support group.

I hunted yesterday in some awesome conditions, it was good weather and I was hopeful.

The toms barely gobbled on the roost and a whole flock of them pitched down into a corner of a cow pasture I was hunting and assembled into 1 big wad.
I tried soft calling, moving around in front of them, mimicked hens as they called, waited them out with patience.....nothing.......

Still, a glorious day to be in the woods, but i'm hunting at elevations over 3200 feet and spring time is a little late in coming.
I have the whole last week of April off, so I got alot of hunting to do, just never got whooped on opening morning this bad in my life.............. :help:

MDbowman

Keep after em and good luck.

Still counting the days here. Derek headed to VA this morning with ~10 days available to hunt.

new2turkey

DMP

Stay with it.  Sooner or later they're going to come around for you.

bawana

Most turkey hunting isn't a sprint, it's a marathon, takes about 20+ miles worth before we figuire them out, or they get lazy!

Fullfan

Aww brother I feel your pain, and that is turkey hunting. Keep after em and it will happen......
Don't gobble at me...

Duke0002