OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Least favorite pot call surface.

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 02, 2017, 06:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt / PA

Blasted aluminum......don't like any of them.  I have 2 that I'm ready to scrub to the bare metal to see if I can get anything out of them.

gergg

https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Yelper

M,Yingling

slate ,,its just like draws to much surface  moisture when out in the elements ,, sure its nice when set up in your hunting shack ,, but I have found when u set them on ground it just draws in the moisture to surface
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Lucky_Strutter

Another copper hater here, I've tried 3-4 of them....just when you think you've got it sounding good here comes that god awfulness screeching.
The Great White Spur Hunter

coyote1

Copper. I really like the sound of it but i have a hard time playing it consistently. I'm glad to see i'm not alone when it comes to using copper.

pauld

Another vote for Copper followed by titanium. Like somebody else said "Trend" and I think that's what they both are. They aren't consistent. I've run one copper I liked and it was a 3" surface. I find the 3.5" offensive to my ears. LOL

vt35mag

I would say slate, since I run it the least. 

I've had great luck with copper, but I am not too surprised to see the lack of love for it either.

yelpy

I have to say slate for moisture reasons.

turkeymanjim

West Augusta

Slate.  Moisture issues.  The humidity kills them in the spring.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: M,Yingling on April 03, 2017, 01:31:39 PM
slate ,,its just like draws to much surface  moisture when out in the elements ,, sure its nice when set up in your hunting shack ,, but I have found when u set them on ground it just draws in the moisture to surface
Man I thought I was the only one, slate is the one surface I don't take to the woods. It just often sounds great in the house and then runs like garbage in the woods.

I like ceramic, and some aluminum sound just that metallic and unnatural but others I think are the best sounding pots, crystal is probably the most consistent and easiest to use for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Happy hooker

Well it looks like we should be using copper,,everybody hates it so the birds don't get used to it.

mudhen

Least favorite is glass, by far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Dtrkyman

Quote from: mudhen on April 05, 2017, 01:36:37 PM
Least favorite is glass, by far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will second that, however I just was given a Halloran double glass so we shall see.