OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another fl strutter

Started by Fl strutter, April 02, 2017, 10:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fl strutter

Another one hits the dirt here in North florida

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

suburbhunter

kyturkeyhunter4

Fl strutter

Got 2 more at 11 o'clock

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Player

Purdy birds! Nice color to them.

We're only allowed 2 here in Arkansas and just one per day. Must be nice.

sevetts

Awesome man, that's a pretty good day  :you_rock:. What did you think of the straight 7s? I'm assuming that's what you used? Did you stretch your gun?

Fl strutter

They were all bout 30 to 40 yards. 7s worked my buddy was using hevi 5s and his bird never moved mine flopped a good bit.  I'm still interested in trying nitro. Thinking bout the 457

renegade19

coyote1

Nice looking birds!

we can only take 1 during the whole spring season here in Michigan. I need to come to Florida.

sevetts

Quote from: Fl strutter on April 02, 2017, 01:11:43 PM
They were all bout 30 to 40 yards. 7s worked my buddy was using hevi 5s and his bird never moved mine flopped a good bit.  I'm still interested in trying nitro. Thinking bout the 457

In my experiences with hevi 13 7s I felt like they peppered turkeys, I never had one get away but I just didn't like the way they killed if that makes sense. You will have a completely different reaction with the nitro 457. Again great day man congrats.

Fl strutter

Yea I'm tagged out in florida and I don't hunt out of state.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

mgm1955

Fl strutter

Would a nitro load of 6s and 7s blend be as good as 457.

sevetts

I think a 6x7 nitro load would be awesome, I think he loads the 4x5x7 to create the best pattern density somehow though. You would think a 6x7 load would pattern better but they always suggest the 4x5x7 and I have no reason to argue with the results. If he starts loading tss like they are advertising then that would be something to very strongly consider in as small of shot as they will load

Fl strutter

I would love to try tss but don't plan on reloading