turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Pot by David Halloran?

Started by StruttinGobbler3, March 28, 2017, 10:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StruttinGobbler3

Hey guys, as you can tell from my earlier thread about favorite mouth calls, I'm always looking to try something new. Which David halloran pot seems to be the best one? I'm eyeballing his ceramic pretty hard, looks different. I've had his Crystal Mistress, great call, but I sold it some time back. What about his other pots? Just looking to start conversation. Thanks
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Tennessee Lead

I've got 7 of his pots they're all awesome but the Twisted Sister is hard to beat. It's probably my favorite but any of the ones I have are more than capable of killing.
I just bought the Ceramic and Double Glass they're going first this year to get some blood on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wigsplitter

Crystal mistress is riding number one in my vest. Thinking about getting the double glass next. His pots seem to all be good!

FLGobstopper

Mistress and then the aluminum

Rarely do I have to reach any deeper in my vest than the Mistress though

coyote1

So far the mistress is my favorite. The metal mouth sounds great and i would hunt it any day, will have a double glass to try out in 4 or 5 days.

merriamsman

I have a Cacklin' Crystal and a Metal Mouth, along with calls from Woodhaven, Loftis, Lonzo, Scott's,  Hank's, and Robert's Brothers, and the Metal Mouth is right at the top with my favorites.

appalachianassassin

maytom

EKyhookr

I have crystal mistress, the double glass and his slate. And that's the order they get played when I'm hunting. Mistress is first followed closely by the double glass the. It the slate for the sweet soft stuff but you can also crank the slate up if needed. Great calls, great guy to work with. Call him up tell him what you want. Always treated me good. Read on another thread about slow shipping, you have to take into consideration the time of year, these guys build custom calls, but why did they get into call making to begin with? Because they turkey hunt and that's what time it's getting to be across the country. Just keep that in mind.

Jroddc

All the calls mentioned are great but haven't seen the Sugartown Sweetness metioned. It's right up there with the best IMO.

Bowguy

I agree w the mistress n Jareds recommendation of the sugar town sweetness. It's his second best call imo

Spitten and drummen

I have had every call mentioned here and my vote goes to the twisted sister. That being said , I do have a flamed box elder crystal mistress that should be arriving anytime now. It was a limited number of these made and I was lucky enough to get one.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

tha bugman

Spring Creek Calls

I've owned most of his pot calls and the Twisted Sister has been the call on most kills.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

SKFOOTER

What striker do you guys use on the Crystal Mistress? :turkey2: