Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I miss team Alabama

Started by reflexl, March 27, 2017, 10:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Just think we could really have a battle of rednecks.

reflexl

Lol.  I figured someone would get it.

n2deer

Quote from: Roost 1 on March 27, 2017, 11:12:24 PM
Quote from: reflexl on March 27, 2017, 10:32:47 PM

You are prolly the only person on this whole forum that would say such a thing. Evidently you didnt have much interaction with them.

I doubt he's the only one. You know you miss us

BC

Quote from: Roost 1 on March 27, 2017, 11:12:24 PM
Quote from: reflexl on March 27, 2017, 10:32:47 PM

You are prolly the only person on this whole forum that would say such a thing. Evidently you didnt have much interaction with them.

Now Roost.......... you are overstating things a little. We had a pretty good relationship with every team on here except the Doo Doo Mafia. The most fun thing to me about this contest wasn't winning it every year we joined, but making the Doo Doo Mafia leave here with their tails between their legs. The cherry on top was following them to their home board and hanging another L on them there.

Everyone else we got along with.

reflexl

Both of your teams have been awesome competitors. Looking forward to battling the Crusaders this year.

Tennessee Lead

Dang I missed out before I found this site lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reflexl

I regardless of what happened in the past we look forward to doing battle with the Crusaders and the rest of the teams. The Crusaders are a class act and having another TN battle should be fun. Aside from our two years with disasters we had a great battle. Praying this year for no more tornadoes, broken bones, kidney stones, gout and what ever else can happen. 2015 we only had a few malfunctions.

:funnyturkey:

BC

Quote from: Roost 1 on March 28, 2017, 01:20:40 PM
Quote from: Tennessee Lead on March 28, 2017, 10:40:16 AM

No you didn't miss nothing....... bunch of rich guys who hunt high dollar leases and travelling the country spending a fortune on canned hunts getting pushed to the limit each year by a bunch of good ol TN boys and girls hunting places that others wouldn't even want to hunt. There was 2 of us from somewhere other than TN on the team.. I think Steve and I were once referred to as "ringers".   SMH while LOL No offense intended towards anyone, just my take on the whole saga......It is hard to think clearly with your tail tucked between your legs.....

Roost is talking out of his rear end again. Every member of Team Alabama are middle class guys who work on oil rigs, steel mills, auto plants, public service, etc. My high dollar leases include a 300 acre deer club my buddy allows me to turkey hunt for nothing. I lease another 500 acres with a buddy for turkey rights for $250, and another club close to my house that I join for $400 so the kids will have a place to hunt pine goats. The canned hunts he mentioned is a friends farm in Nebraska who graciously allows me and a buddy to hunt.

I told you back in the day when you guys kept trying to get our birds thrown out by complaining about pictures, and then trolling our team threads accusing us of cheating, that we had put together a team of 12 of the best turkey killers ever assembled. Between the 12 of us we averaged over 100 birds a year. The cheating, canned hunts, and rich guy comments are nothing but jealousy and sour grapes.

I still remember the time you said we had a taxidermist buddy and we're getting our birds from him to score in the contest. I will give you credit though, you are consistent.

BC

We miss y'all too Reflexl. It was a lot of fun competing and going back and forth with y'all. I enjoyed all those times.

Roost 1

Good luck to you guys.......The Crusaders is  completely different team made up of guys from all over.....I was just fortunate enough to be invited to play with them. I agree they are a classy bunch of guys and I have enjoyed being a part of their team..

Roost 1

Quote from: BC on March 28, 2017, 04:02:31 PM
Quote from: Roost 1 on March 28, 2017, 01:20:40 PM
Quote from: Tennessee Lead on March 28, 2017, 10:40:16 AM

No you didn't miss nothing....... bunch of rich guys who hunt high dollar leases and travelling the country spending a fortune on canned hunts getting pushed to the limit each year by a bunch of good ol TN boys and girls hunting places that others wouldn't even want to hunt. There was 2 of us from somewhere other than TN on the team.. I think Steve and I were once referred to as "ringers".   SMH while LOL No offense intended towards anyone, just my take on the whole saga......It is hard to think clearly with your tail tucked between your legs.....

Roost is talking out of his rear end again. Every member of Team Alabama are middle class guys who work on oil rigs, steel mills, auto plants, public service, etc. My high dollar leases include a 300 acre deer club my buddy allows me to turkey hunt for nothing. I lease another 500 acres with a buddy for turkey rights for $250, and another club close to my house that I join for $400 so the kids will have a place to hunt pine goats. The canned hunts he mentioned is a friends farm in Nebraska who graciously allows me and a buddy to hunt.

I told you back in the day when you guys kept trying to get our birds thrown out by complaining about pictures, and then trolling our team threads accusing us of cheating, that we had put together a team of 12 of the best turkey killers ever assembled. Between the 12 of us we averaged over 100 birds a year. The cheating, canned hunts, and rich guy comments are nothing but jealousy and sour grapes.

I still remember the time you said we had a taxidermist buddy and we're getting our birds from him to score in the contest. I will give you credit though, you are consistent.

Knew it was a matter of time.......Instead of trashing this guys thread how about you just send me a pm if you got anymore comments about pics and stuff. Was hoping one day yall would realize it wasn't the VDM that did that.....I'm done with this here.

My apologies to reflexl....

BC

I know it was y'all Roost. Want to know how I know?

Your Team Captain (Grizz) told me straight up that he did it by request from his teammates.

You got anything else?

turkey_slayer

put together a team of 12 of the best turkey killers ever assembled. 
[/quote]

I know the quote above isn't correct. More than a few killers on here don't enter contests and mostly don't post much.

catman529

Seems like I missed some drama before I started doing the contest. Lol

Hope this year is a friendly competition and I don't mind a little smack talking, that's part of the fun

reflexl

Yep boys its water under the bridge. Lets all go turkeys and drink good coffee and tell stories about the 350 lbs turkey we saw killing a cow!  ;D