OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Public land osceola down!

Started by birdman561, March 27, 2017, 08:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman561

It was one of those mornings where nothing seemed to be going right. Started it off by forgetting my flashlight. So we had to walk in the dark for awhile to get to my honey hole. Then we got to spot and set up and waited for the sun to show its face. As the morning went on the mosquitos really came out in full force.

We both forget our thermacells. So we donated a few pints of blood to the flying blood banks. Then we heard him gobble in the tree that we were sitting under. :drool: eventually he pitched down 70 yards in front of us with his 3 hens. (I had played this game with this birds a few days before) He gobbled for a solid hour.

He wouldn't strut or leave those hens >:( I started a fighting purr sequence and he came to 40 when I gave her the okay to shoot. Then we began to kill every mosquito that had been drilling us for the last hour. Overall it was a rough morning. But the highest of the highs, can only be experienced from the lowest of the lows. And it was her first bird to boot!

ddturkeyhunter

Congrats, to both of you. Hunting partner for life!

taylorjones20

Good job! Congrats to you both!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Dukejb

chatterbox

Job well done!
The smile says it all!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ILHUNTER

spaightlabs

Public land Osceola is a true trophy.  always good to see a first-timer smiling instead of trying to look like a stone-cold killah!!

harleytom

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Camo70

suburbhunter

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny