OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Greenleaf New England Pardner

Started by mbowyer51, March 24, 2017, 11:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PALongspur

gobbler74

Wow.. that's nostalgia right there. Ive got the bottomland version in 3.5" with threaded choke. Never been fired. Took me 10 yrs to find one. It weighs 5.8 lbs. Might pass it down to some son in law I can't stand with a box of nitro h517's.

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Tom Foolery

Quote from: gobbler74 on April 03, 2017, 04:27:57 PM
Wow.. that's nostalgia right there. Ive got the bottomland version in 3.5" with threaded choke. Never been fired. Took me 10 yrs to find one. It weighs 5.8 lbs. Might pass it down to some son in law I can't stand with a box of nitro h517's.

That's an awesome shotgun.

Too bad they never made one like it in 20 gauge.

gobbler74

They've got the 20 too. Pretty sure in original real tree. First one I ever seen was posted on a shotgun page I run. I'll go look up old pics
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

20 ga in original real tree owned by a friend

mbowyer51

That 20 gauge is a sweet looking little gun. Wouldn't mind running across one of those.

turkey buster

paboxcall

Quote from: gobbler74 on April 04, 2017, 08:05:23 AM
They've got the 20 too. Pretty sure in original real tree. First one I ever seen was posted on a shotgun page I run. I'll go look up old pics

Does that 20 have screw in choke tubes?
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: gobbler74 on April 03, 2017, 04:27:57 PM

DAdddddddddddddd! It's a pleasure to meet you sir. Dump that ol' sonny boy. Sweet lookin rig!
:funnyturkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Tom Foolery

Quote from: gobbler74 on April 04, 2017, 08:32:45 AM
20 ga in original real tree owned by a friend

Awesome little gun.  Does it have screw in chokes?

gobbler74

I believe he said the 20 wasn't threaded for chokes. I imagine still potent with federal 7's. Darned if I'd tap the barrel if could be done. That 20 would stay original 100%

Tom Foolery

Quote from: gobbler74 on April 04, 2017, 01:51:35 PM
I believe he said the 20 wasn't threaded for chokes. I imagine still potent with federal 7's. Darned if I'd tap the barrel if could be done. That 20 would stay original 100%

Id say it would be great with Fed 7's and I agree, it would stay 100% as is.

tha bugman

Never seen one in greenleaf but that is one beautiful gun!

Dirtybird552

I got tired of searching for one of the originals. I had a plain 12ga 3 1/2 h&r already but really wanted a factory bottomland. Never could find one so I just made my own. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRex18

I have a NEF 10 gauge thats dipped...its not bottom land or green leaf but its pretty sweet I think real tree. ....with a Rhino 720 on the end got threaded....I shoot 3.5  2/3oz magblends out of it.....it was a goose gun 36" barrel converted to Turkey not cut. with a red dot on it.

My Issues.

It weighs 25lbs after a few hours of walking around the national forest in PA.

I was thinking......Man....these NEF 12s and 3.5 chamber weigh nothing....pretty sweet...however....
I was thinking about putting a thumbhole on it......but I heard the recoil is rediculous.....more than the 10 because of weight.....

Would the thumbhole be a bad idea?
What kind of pattern is the 12 3.5 getting.....?

I love single shots.

TD.