OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which pot call

Started by Thunderchicken14, March 23, 2017, 03:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunderchicken14

There are alot of awesome call makers on this site. I have a Mike Yingling slate and love it. Just curious what you folks recomend on the crystal calls. I have been looking at the David Holloran. Just curious as to what all you turkey pro's recommend. Feed back is greatly appreciated
Proud member of the "Tenth Legion"

BABS9

1. Halloran Crystal Mistress
2. Halloran Twisted Sister
3. Schaffer Blue Mahoe Crystal
Just to name a few.

letinmfly

In no particular order. 

Crystal Mistress by Halloran
Crystal Heat by SS Calls
GS1 by Andy Kaiser
Cherry Crystal by Paul Platz
Walnut Crystal by Darrin Dawkins
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

turkey stew

Crystal Heat from SS Custom is an awesome pot!

Txag12

Crystal mistress closely followed by twisted sister

JLH

Forget the hollaran and look up Daryl Slaton...Slaton calls ......you'll have a piece of art and it will actually sound like a turkey!

vt35mag

Halloran Twisted Sister, Kaiser GS1, and Sinclair's crystal ping.

scoot12

The crystal heat is one awesome crystal call in my opinion.  Scoot

wcerin

My Twisted Sister doesn't leave my vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

MikeStaten

These all sound good to me-

Schaffer Mad Hen 1
Lonzo Crystal in Padauk
Hanks Osage Glass
Schaffer Blue Mahoe
Halloran Twisted Sister
Schaffer No Name

Bowguy

I gotta agree w all the mistress posts. I'm also a fan of mad hen 2 if you're lookin strictly for crystal.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: JLH on March 23, 2017, 06:20:16 PM
Forget the hollaran and look up Daryl Slaton...Slaton calls ......you'll have a piece of art and it will actually sound like a turkey!

Forget about darrel slaton and look up david halloran. Not only will you get a great looking call but one that actually sounds like a turkey period. We realize you love darrel slaton calls and thats fine , but it seems you always down davids calls while doing it. You made a comment not long ago about a mistress or sister both being flat calls. Anybody that has ran them knows that is false. You must have gotten a lemon or 2 if you thought they were not lively. My personal opinion is davids calls are much better sounding. I will not bash slatons calls but there are several calls that sound alot better than a slaton pot in my opinion. Good day.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Cwcook68

Hanks zebrawood, glass over slate

hunter22

So many great pot call makers out there right now. Splitting hairs trying to pick one over another in my opinion. I have my favorites for various reasons but you could hunt any of them and be successful. The main thing is having confidence in the call you are hunting.

JLH

[quote author=Spitten

Forget about darrel slaton and look up david halloran. Not only will you get a great looking call but one that actually sounds like a turkey period. We realize you love darrel slaton calls and thats fine , but it seems you always down davids calls while doing it. You made a comment not long ago about a mistress or sister both being flat calls. Anybody that has ran them knows that is false. You must have gotten a lemon or 2 if you thought they were not lively. My personal opinion is davids calls are much better sounding. I will not bash slatons calls but there are several calls that sound alot better than a slaton pot in my opinion. Good day.
[/quote]

So the guy is looking for opinions....he has a Yingling, a custom call made by one of the old gobbler regulars....a small call maker that posts and sells calls on this forum....he's considering a hollaran, but is asking for feedback and guidance .. and is asking everyone's opinion....

I gave him my opinion, i kinda perfer the small guys that make calls one at a time...putting thier heart into it...they arent doing it to make a living, they do it because they enjoy it....not the mass produced calls...trust me, ive tried them all... some i like, most i dont....

and because my opinion is different than yours.....you're offended???

Well,
I officially apologize for stating my thoughts of DH, and his calls.

To the original poster....most guys that sell call here, will be happy to talk to you, and make a call just for you...they way you want!