OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Red Dot?

Started by yankeehunter, March 18, 2017, 12:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

Quote from: sevetts on March 18, 2017, 09:28:04 PM
This may be a dumb question, but I ask it as someone who has a stigmatisym. Are you looking at these sights indoors? My truglo trubrite looks really bad to me indoors but when I take it outside it always looks like a dot should, can't answer why but it does.

Agreed.  They look much better outside with the sunlight.

yankeehunter

Thanks for all of the replies folks....Yes, I looked through all of these indoors even the Bushnell TRS-25 that I bought. I had the opportunity to look through my buddy's TRS-25 this morning on the indoors of his house and it was a dot and not elongated like mine. He looked through mine and said it looked elongated to him. All I can figure is that there is something wrong with mine so I am going to return it for another one.  We shall see...

Marc

I cannot help you with the sites, but I am an eye doctor.

How long has it been since you had an updated eye examination with proper glasses correction? I would highly recommend single vision glasses with an antiglare coat for turkey hunting.

How long has it been since you had an updated eye examination with proper glasses correction? I would highly recommend single vision glasses with an antiglare coat for turkey hunting.   I also have astigmatism, but do not like shooting with bifocal glasses of any kind.

I would also mention to your eye doc that you are having issues with low light and glare, and see if you do not qualify for cataract surgery. Elective cataract surgery is actually an option As opposed to Lasik surgery as well.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.