OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pattern master Code black turkey  (Read 4257 times)

Offline Swampfoxforeman

Pattern master Code black turkey
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:16:50 AM »
Anyone have any experience with the patternmaster code black turkey choke? I have looked but not much information out there.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:50:28 PM by Swampfoxforeman »

Offline Double R

Re: Pattern master Code black turkey
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »
My son and I are currently each hunting with this choke. I'm using it in an SBE and his is an SX2. I'm shooting 3" magnum blends and he's shooting 3" LB XR #6 They throw the most even hunting patterns we've tried but are very pricey. Killed 2 so far with them with no issues. You are correct with almost zero info on the net about them. Good luck in your search.

Offline 243kid

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 08:46:32 AM »
I bought one for my Versa Max and sent it back for a refund. The factory Choke produced a better pattern. I had the best luck with a Sumtoy.

Offline mwr

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 12:03:27 AM »
Outstanding choke!  Have used it a few years now in my 835...great patterns!  LB#5

Offline mightyjoeyoung

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 12:34:07 PM »
I run the code black duck and goose for waterfowl in 3 dif guns.  I also have the anaconda long rangel for my SBE II that shoots extremely tight with 2 steel and under and heavy trap loads.  All give excellent,  even patterns. My buddy Todd picked up a CB turkey for his SBE II and shot probably 5 dif rounds through it.  While even, it didn't give a hotter core that we both like.  I lent him an original jellyhead,  a Trulock and a Carlson's Longbeard.   They ALL patterned better with every load but the Longbeard shined with 3" 6s and 5s.  Very dense, even patterns. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Offline oldcountry

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 05:07:22 PM »
I use this choke and just posted some patterns with it and a couple others. Out of all the chokes I have tried it is the most even and huntable pattern. Worth every penny in my book.

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

Offline SCDieselDawg

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »
My experience with the Code Black is in a new model A5. It produced the most evenly spread pattern I’ve ever seen.  If you like a hot core you won’t like it.