OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

before hevi shot and longbeards

Started by agent eight seven O, March 16, 2017, 04:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decoykrvr

Activ, 3", 21/4 oz nickel plated 5's and 4's.  I started shooting the Federal Tungsten-Iron then moved to the Remington "old green" HeviShot shells which produced great patterns.  I killed a gobbler @ 3 years ago w/ the Activs, and had forgotten just how hard they kicked.

trkehunr93

I was still shooting fed. premium 2 3/4" 6's thru a full choke in my 500 up until 2006 when I bought my 835.  I then used hevi until 2013 until I found a hell of a deal on 3.5" Win HV 5's at wally world so now they are my favorite. Still have quite a few and shoot Win XX 3" 5's thru my 500 now also.

surehuntsalot

the old Federal premium 3" 2oz 5's and Winchester XX 3" 2oz 5's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

M22

vt35mag

Federal Premium 3in 6's pre flite control wad and Winchester HV 3in #6

Coop1082

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

tha bugman

reflexl

I lament the day they quit the pre flight control wad Federal 3-2-6 Premium. I have a very small stash left. Out of my 835/ .676 Stardot it threw a perfect even pattern that would wreck any gobblers world.

BowBendr

Mossberg 835 and a StarDot .676
Federal premium 3-2-7.5's
Killed a pile of gobblers with them over many years...but they don't work on todays armor plated birds :-X

Strutr

Winchester 3 inch Double X 2oz of buffered copper-plated #6.  Killed a pile of turkeys with this load.  I picked up some LB's to pattern this year so will see how they stack up to the XX's.

nitro

Factory ammo hasn't interested me since the late 80s..We always used nickeled lead # 5s or 5x6s from Ray and Sandy at Nitro. I honestly have lost count of how many gobblers I killed with those shells through my Mark Bansner custom choked 11-87 that micced at .642 at the bore.. A fair pile for sure. No dat.
Royal Slam 2008

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

stinkpickle

The old Federal 3-2-7.5s and Win HV 3.5-2-6s, depending on which gun I was using.

Waynesworld23

Federal 3-2-6 out of a smith and Wesson pump with a 28in full choke that my dad left me with about four boxes of federals ran out and retired the gun
To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift

PineyRooster