OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Using the same gun....

Started by Greg Massey, March 14, 2017, 01:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

How many people use the same shotgun for everything ?  How many of you have one or more guns setup for turkey hunting ?                                                                                                                              Remington 870 12 gauge, Mossberg 500 12 gauge, Benelli M1 super 90 - 12 gauge and last years build youth 870 20 gauge.  I also have my first turkey gun Browning A5 - 12 gauge 32 inch full it's retired... I have a couple of Remington 1100 for dove and rabbit...

dejake

one for turkey, one for deer, one for grouse

cramerhunts

One for turkey, a different one for quail and dove.

suburbhunter

One dedicated for turkey, one dedicated for deer and  a few other choices for everything else.
If I was a waterfowler I'd probably have one dedicated for that too.  :fud:

Bowguy

I consider myself pretty not gun poor. Have 5-6 guns w turkey chokes always screwed in. Today's loads often require guns be sighted to loads/chokes. I don't mess w that.
I've used almost exclusively a 835, now I've set up a 37. My daughter uses my 11-87.
Used to use a 870 n sp-10 as well.
Also setting up a 20 ga Benelli. My older daughter had a 20 11-87 that little sis now uses. 
For small game i use one of several 28 ga.
This all being said certainly a gun can be used for everything just need to bear in mind the resigning thing, turkey guns n loads often shoot a little off

1iagobblergetter

I have several strictly for Turkey,but mainly always use one. Besides those i have two 12.g muzzleloaders for turkeys. Couple 12g. Rems with cantilever barrels setup for deer hunting. Couple Ars and a Savage bolt for coyotes and a few Benellis for pheasant,ducks,and geese. Bunch of other safe Queens I bought that I don't need along with some of the ones mentioned,but at the time i couldn't help myself.

wcerin

One shotgun setup just for turkey hunting, one shotgun for deer hunting (with scope), one shotgun for small game and duck hunting.
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

Rio Fan

I have 3 shotguns, but I pretty much shoot by Benelli SBE2 all the time for waterfowl and turkeys. It has a 26 inch barrel and has been an awesome gun for me.

Andy S.

Two dedicated to turkeys (12g & 20g), and several others dedicated to everything else (squirrel, rabbit, shooting skeet, etc).
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Fullfan

All of my turkey guns are only used on turkeys.
Don't gobble at me...

Will

The same 870 is used for turkey, small game and waterfowl and it shows. Deer however is my trusted 11-87.

Bowguy

This thread is fairly new but it seems most guys have dedicated turkey guns. Shows some of the dedication on this forum to turkey hunting. I'd bet the average hunter prob more often has the one or two guns for all

pabossie255

Well no shotgun deer season hear in PA and so yes one gun 11-87 turkey, geeses, ducks, grouse.

kyturkeyhunter4

One for turkey and one for deer and one for every thing else.

ncwoodsman

One gun dedicated for turkey, one dedicated for deer hunting and several others for anything else.