OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recommendation for an aluminum pot call

Started by Tomspur, March 11, 2017, 04:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomspur

Looking for a recommendation for an aluminum pot call. I have four pot calls that I use a lot. D. Halloran crystal mystress and twisted sister, Brad Roberts glass and a Donny Richards not a lady and a Lonnie Sneed hot hen slate.
I cannot get a kee kee out of any of them at least not a decent one. Can any of you guys give me your thoughts/suggestions on a good aluminum? Have read and heard they are best for kee kee. Thanks to all.

Bowguy

I can give you some suggestions but at least a few of those calls you have are relatively easy  to kee kee on. It's all about where you run the call and striker pressure. Schafer makes great aluminums, Dustin jones, Mark Cornelious (MAC), Lonzo stoned kee Kees easy, there's a bunch but like I said it's not magic in a pot surface it's technique. It's not hard to get either. Keep trying

scoot12

Paul Platz cherry aluminum is an awesome pot but he doesnt take orders right now and wait list is 2 years.  I just got a Jeff Graham amazique aluminum that is really good.  Scoot

WV Ridge Reaper

Lonzo acrylic I like it a lot,it just has a different sound.

Schaffer atomic 13 is nothing but a old boss hen wanting pounced on

Halloran's new aluminum ain't bad either his older one to me sounds the same as the Platz and Dawkins in Walnut pots.

I like aluminum a lot

outdoors

I LIKE Lonzo acrylic ALUMINUME / ALUMINUME..............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

yelpaholic

i"ll second the schaffer aluminum .. there nasty

Tennessee Lead

Dawkins Stoned Aluminum in plastic pot. It's a killer call and will kee kee effortlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spurz

MAC Walnut or Padauk, Houndstooth ceramic is very easy to kee kee on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

tomfooleryy

Can't go wrong with schaffer or Lonzo aluminums both great call makers and will help you find the sound you're looking for

Jbird22

rbreedi1

Thunder Ridge Totes

2nd 100

Darrin Dawkins plastic pot stoned aluminum and David Hallorans new black aluminum work well to kee kee on for me . But I kee kee on all my Cody glass and slates but I think it's a lot more technique ,   than specifically a call ,as was stated earlier.

birdhunterdave

Give jimmy Schaffer a call, best sounding aluminum calls imo.

coyote1

Larry Gresser or lights out aluminum.

The mistress is fairly easy to kee kee on.