OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OPINIONS ON FLEXTONE THUNDER CREEPER DECOY

Started by SKFOOTER, March 10, 2017, 03:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

What are your opinions on the Flextone Thunder Creeper strutting gobbler decoy??

BB30

Probably going to be the same as everyone's differing opinion on decoys in general. I wouldn't use one. They look alright though IMO as far as the design etc.

Greg Massey

Not a bad looking decoy for the money. If you don't have a strutting decoy you may want to look at a 1/4 strut Jake...lot easier to carry...It's up to you ...IMO....

owlhoot

Dtrkyman

If turkeys ran to and killed themselves I wouldn't personally use any of there product...by a DSD and be done with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

Are you looking for a "Sneak" decoy? or a strutter? If a Strutter I have the answer DSD!! Nothing else looks as real or as effective.

MK M GOBL

dublelung

Decoy? I thought those were for duck hunters?   :TrainWreck1: :toothy12:

Stumpy225

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Stumpy225 on March 11, 2017, 08:48:47 PM
Yeah that dsd  would probably get shot.

My suggestion would be to NOT use it on Public Lands... Been using "decoys" for 27 years and haven't had one shot yet, Strutter has been in use since Feather Flex came out with "Tommy" and used "Bubba" Jake before that and they have survived, been using my DSD Strutter without a problem. I guess I do use some of the general rules of safety and I do not/will not use him on public land.

Be Safe, Hunt Hard & Have Fun!!

MK M GOBL

fallhnt

Strutter decoys are cumbersome to carry.  Check the weight and see if it's something you want to haul around. DSD strutter decoys probably weigh 8 lbs. If you have deep pockets and a four wheeler, go with DSD.
Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 10, 2017, 03:53:21 PM
What are your opinions on the Flextone Thunder Creeper strutting gobbler decoy??
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Gobble!

snapper1982

Absolutely would not buy it. Of course I am bias against anything those stupid busbice morons have their hands in.

Blong

I am buying nothing that has silly, disrespectful names,i.e.: thunder chicken, dirt nap, dust roll, pecker wrecker, funky chicken, beak buster,turkey thug etc in the name. The people that use or market these products remind me to much of A Ga celebrity that loves to use catch phrases and cheat on his wife then put his girlfriend in front of the camera and she couldn't give two craps about hunting. Also the bass tournament guy that does all the yelling. Dang I'm getting old and honory but if one animal deserves respect, it is the eastern wild turkey!

Greg Massey

Quote from: Blong on March 12, 2017, 10:28:49 AM
I am buying nothing that has silly, disrespectful names,i.e.: thunder chicken, dirt nap, dust roll, pecker wrecker, funky chicken, beak buster,turkey thug etc in the name. The people that use or market these products remind me to much of A Ga celebrity that loves to use catch phrases and cheat on his wife then put his girlfriend in front of the camera and she couldn't give two craps about hunting. Also the bass tournament guy that does all the yelling. Dang I'm getting old and honory but if one animal deserves respect, it is the eastern wild turkey!
Question do you use mouth calls ?

Blong

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 12, 2017, 10:40:07 AM
Quote from: Blong on March 12, 2017, 10:28:49 AM
Question do you use mouth calls ?

Yes and a scratch box.