OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First TSS loads and maybe a problem

Started by soky, March 09, 2017, 12:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylorjones20

soky - If you were to ever have an issue with that choke since noticing the marks in it please come back here and let us know.

I've been taught to pick and choose your battles. For the sake of the "no drama" policy on here and the ban hammer I will keep quiet on the other things that were brought up in this thread.   :icon_thumright:

Alive only by the Grace Of God

JHoyle

Seems the ones that want no drama are the ones that create it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taylorjones20

Quote from: JHoyle on April 12, 2017, 02:59:43 PM
Seems the ones that want no drama are the ones that create it.

I agree.

Old Gobbler

90% of the flagrant bs I've endured in the last 5 years came from the guys addicted to  selling tss off my back , while exposing me to a major liability in case some body got hurt, they are" liability free -loading " off of me personally,  you could not even imagine the stories ive been told ...

I'm tired of many things, but one of them is the claims that the stuff is entirely safe ....and it's not , once it leavessome guys garage ....anything can happen

It would be one thing if we were talking experienced folks , but pepole are relentlessly spamming it on folks with ZERO experience. ... do you honestly think there something not wrong with that ?

And tss damaged that choke ....... :wave:

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

superx2

Ya thats not normal. i see elmer fudd barrel explosion in near future !!!!!
i shoot the same choke same constriction with hevi,and it looks nothing like that good luck

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Turkinator on April 12, 2017, 07:39:18 PM
Every TSS seller that I have dealt with gives safe tested load information with the shot they sell. How they can be considered liable for misuse is beyond me. I've shot it for years with zero damage to any gun or choke. I follow tested recipes.

In a court of law , let's say wrongfull death/personal injury  ....with a jury ...if a lawyer can prove I had knowledge that something was occurring under.my control i'm toast

Slip on a floor , bad break job in a car , and in this case knowingly allowing folks to distribute materials that could cause harm ...that ls why we dont allow people to sell , solicit reloading especially tss ! I have full knowledge as do many key individuals that the material is being used improperly -- the single most outrageous case was a individual pouring out shot from a manufactured federal product and replacing it with tss ......kaaaaboooom

Back to the choke... tss damages chokes it's well known it does , it did in this case etc...and I've seen several other examples before

-Shannon

lr308

There is a company starting to sell tss shells,Apex Ammo, so I guess somebody got approved.

Borden811

I've got no dog in the TSS fight, never fired a load of it in my life. I've shot nothing other than hevi13 shells in 5,6,and 7 shot. I've got about 12 turkey chokes for my benelli guns, and have several chokes that look exactly like that inside. 100% certain it was not TSS that caused it.

taylorjones20

Quote from: Borden811 on April 20, 2017, 02:57:12 PM
I've got no dog in the TSS fight, never fired a load of it in my life. I've shot nothing other than hevi13 shells in 5,6,and 7 shot. I've got about 12 turkey chokes for my benelli guns, and have several chokes that look exactly like that inside. 100% certain it was not TSS that caused it.

The majority of people realize that.  Blaming TSS for the problem was just a way of complaining about TSS and the people that have caused grief in the past.  It's all good. We all have opinions...

reynolds243

My god this thread has so much fail in it. "Knowingly allow people to distribute materials that cause harm" WHAT?? the tss isn't the issue or the part that's causing harm is stupid people adding GUNPOWDER to something they don't know what they are doing with.  That's like telling me I can't sell someone breakpads because if they install them incorrectly I'm to blame. I get some have issues with the TSS crowd and that's fine but let's use some common sense on TSS shot in general. It's no more dangerous standalone then all other ammo types, they will all kill you if mishandled

Greg Massey

If i were you people i wouldn't push the boss of the forum...He has told all of you about the problems with Tss Shot etc...

fountain2

There is no "problems" with tss shot.  End of story. It does what we intend it to do and that's kill turkeys.  Loaded incorrectly could be another story.

taylorjones20

This thread was never intended to be about the dangers of loading your own shells. The question was about dings in a choke tube.  And we have settled the debate that other htl shot has done the same thing and as far as the choke tube companies are concerned, there is no danger in that.

SumToy

Well I will say that most all of the choke companies buy 17-4 ph from the same place.  Now all HTL loads will hurt the chokes.  Not a thing we can do because it is harder then the choke.

Now I got jumped on few years back and know few guys sold my chokes.  They have a problem with me now. (it bugs me but dont bug me)  The problem I had and have with it everyone sees not.  Look on some of the forums and facebook.  (Not this one and the other big one because they try to keep it in line)   You have folks that can buy it to easy now and then they start to play.  When it came out you had a select group of folks that did it.  Now it has turned into a money making deal (I will get hammered) that why so many folks sale it.  That said I along with others can look at some of the crazy patterns and see folks are loading bigger loads or getting very small with the chokes.  With alot of them it not about hunting it about who can brag they have the best pattern or how many yards I can kill something.

I have been hearing of a 2 oz 20 ga load.  That is a 12 ga load going out a 20 ga barrel.  So I feel it not if it more of when.  Now when it happens who will pay the medical bills.  Who if will take care of your family if it goes very bad. (why folks will not sale load to you just supplies) What you do with them is on you.   Folks this is a bomb (controlled explosion) just follow all the guild lines in the books or of tested loads.  Guns can be replaced but we can not be. 

Be safe with everything you do. I want to be able to shake your hand some day on a hunt or at a show.   

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Old Gobbler

I'm gonna lock this thread , cause folks (same tss FOR PROFIT cheerleaders ) keep trying keep it going , I've outright removed alot of spam and deleted a few fake spam profiles on this very thread ------, like last time I asked folks to keep things on the down low ...but no they had to try run the show ...emphasis on try....it didn't work out so well for them

Some folks made some very factual and valid points of view , some others I don't know what the big deal deal is with this obsession,

Folks  addicted to peddling the stuff off to anyone and everyone (especially newbies), and placing me personally at risk . I've made it very clear, I also want to make it clear I'm not typecasting folks that reload into a group whole ...I myself have 2 reloading presses in the garage ...but what the main folks that are spamming tss are doing is perhaps the most counter productive and perhaps destructive thing to occur to turkey hunting IF GONE UNCHECKED , it would be easy to ignore it ....but we can no longer ...you have no idea of the CRAZY stuff folks folks are doing with tss , some folks are not as smart as most and think it's baking cookies ,  it's gonna take one foolish mistake and goodbye to a few fingers , that goes for lead, steel, tss whatever one mistake and there is a good chance the re e will be a guy at your door wanting you to serve you for legal action....and be forwarned they can forcibly subpoena your email records too .....ive seen this done before

if you don't like it.....  tough s--t , hit the road !!! people's personal saftey and the financial security of me....and my family come first ....long long before some dude who made threads about pot shooting Jakes at 83 yards and then making a "longest shot thread" and resells boatloads of tss from the People's Republic of China --- let me make myself clear .....we do not want anything to do with folks that condone openly , approve or even turn a blind eye "wink and nod " activity --OG is not a  pot shot start up kit....this is a TURKEY HUNTING WEBSITE

We aware and are onto the fake  profiles , the fake newbie ones where folks are spamming asking where and how to buy tss , then the same cheerleaders spam it up to make thier buddies $$$ - you are stanking up the site ... that was a warning cut the bs out

Oh , and by the way tss damaged that choke  :fire:

-Shannon