OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your favorite Gobble call ?

Started by model94, March 08, 2017, 11:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeymanjim

Tube call

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

spursRus

Tennessee Lead

If anyone can post a sound file of the Red Wolfe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkaholic

Hands down red wolf gobble tube. I have two ,an older one that sounds awesome and the new one needs breaking in. I have two because I would never hunt without one. I have had many years of success using this. No , it doesn't sound just like a real gobbler but it's cadence and rhythm is sweet. I don't storm around the woods gobbling. I use it as a tool when it's needed and it really works for me. I have hunted with people that couldn't believe I used it ,as the spread their fan and admire their beard. I can be a deal maker or a deal breaker depending on the situation. Can't say enough good about using these. Just my two cents. I personally hope no one uses these, it keeps the birds fresh on this call instead of running the other way.
live to hunt hunt to live

dublelung

I don't use a gobble call very often but when I do it's Primos Gobble Shaker.

TRG3

"If it's not broke, don't fix it." I'd replace the Primos gobble tube/shaker with the same thing. I had to replace mine last season after several years of successfully taking 2-3 gobblers annually with it, almost always at 20 yards as he was sizing up my Pretty Boy or Funky Chicken. I bought two more of them in case one suddenly quits. I've tried several other gobble calls, but none out performed the Primos.

Number17

I use the walnut Haint with the "tucka tucka tucka" method and lots of air.
It sounds more realistic and with the correct cadence compared to anything I've heard from guys blowing it with the machine gun method.

I've never heard anyone use a shaker style call that sounds anything like a gobble. I listened to a sound file of the red wolf and it sounded horrendous.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

owlhoot

Quote from: dublelung on March 11, 2017, 06:52:17 AM
I don't use a gobble call very often but when I do it's Primos Gobble Shaker.
x2 plus very seldom

Mossygoose

Haint flat out works. I only use when the bird hangs up though

quavers59

The RED WOLFE Gobble caller is tops!

Dtrkyman

Hillbilly yelper

any of twisting creek, by jeff mckamey! they make an awesome gobble!
Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us