turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos Tight Wad.

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 02, 2017, 09:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildTigerTrout

Not to hijack the thread.  To deerbasshunter3  I own two Primos Tightwad chokes .  Mine however are both 20 ga.  One for my Rem. 870 and the other for my Benelli Nova.  Good chokes that are not really expensive.  Experiment a bit and you may be pleasantly surprised.  Good Luck,  WTT
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

surehuntsalot

got one for my 20ga 870 youth, no record setting #'s in the 10" circle, but a very good "hunting" pattern
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

I hate turkeys

I tried a couple would not recommend both of mine developed choke creep (choke swells in the threads) with 3 1/2" mag blends.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

Gobble!

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 02, 2017, 09:28:54 PM
I am currently shooting the Hevi shot .665 choke. I guess I am trying to tighten the pattern up a little bit.

I will be amazed if a tight wad patterns better than a HeviSHot choke. Primos best choke is a JellyHead.

tha bugman

I have tried the tightwad in mossberg and remington 12's and have never gotten a good pattern out of them.  I wish I could.  I like the profile of them. 

Hersh

I Have used the primos tightwad tube in my 870 for about 8 years now. Get some incredible patterns with the mag blend 3.5" shells. For 20 bucks it's an awesome tube.

MickT

My tightwad with do 250 in 10 with 3-1.75-6 long beards. I was floored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tha bugman

Quote from: MickT on March 07, 2017, 08:50:53 PM
My tightwad with do 250 in 10 with 3-1.75-6 long beards. I was floored.

:drool: now that is a pattern I would love to see!!!!

MickT

I just shot it again today for preseason patterning. 215 on a cold bluebird day with a dirty barrel. It has a very hot core but was a little lopsided.

Pardon my lack of artistic ability and wrinkly paper.