turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally got one

Started by MISSISSIPPI Double beard, March 01, 2017, 12:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Yeah, not into collecting penis parts.  Feel weird enough field dressing a buck and having to cut his junk off.  I always feel bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longspur

Must be nice to have a real bone. I feel cheated

Cut N Run

Walrus has one too, it dwarfs a coon.  A buddy of mine has one and he tries to tell people who don't know what it is that it is a walrus bone that the Eskimos say it is good luck to lick.  I got more sense than that...

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

eorlando

Quote from: Cut N Run on March 01, 2017, 07:03:11 PM
Walrus has one too, it dwarfs a coon.  A buddy of mine has one and he tries to tell people who don't know what it is that it is a walrus bone that the Eskimos say it is good luck to lick.  I got more sense than that...

Jim
Man that is funny as hell.

owlhoot

Kylongspur88

My dad gave me one that belonged to my great grandad. He died in the late 1920's so no telling how old it is. It's on display with the fine China and crystal in my house. My wife is not amused.

silvestris

When my late father was alive and dealing in furs, he had a box full each year.  I think he sold them to the Chinese.  The Chinese are kinky about things like that.  I think they ground them up and sprinkled it over their food as an aphrodisiac.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

tha bugman

Quote from: guesswho on March 01, 2017, 12:57:31 PM
I feel for the coon.
I don't good riddance....makes a good nipple pick for your muzzleloader...or so I have been told

dublelung

I sell as many of them as I can catch/kill.
I shipped Preston Pittman several of them a couple years ago for a "project" he was working on but never asked how it turned out.

littlebull

that's one gifted trash panda
The old coon walks a late log

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: trkehunr93 on March 01, 2017, 01:58:05 PMI'll stick to wooden toothpicks or the one in my swiss army knife, thank you!
Me too!! :icon_thumright:
Although I do have some redneck friends that sharpen the end and use them as a "coon dick toothpick". :o

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on March 01, 2017, 10:07:16 PMIt's on display with the fine China and crystal in my house. My wife is not amused.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

wvmntnhick

I've heard there's a small market for them down south but I've yet to fully understand why. While I didn't trap this year, I trapped pretty hard for a few and never felt the desire to keep them. I guess I just don't get it. Of course, the won't anymore either.

mgm1955

Rzrbac

May just be a redneck thing. My Dad sure didn't see the humor in it last year when I gave Mom one for Christmas. It didn't go on display that's for sure.