turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help picking a new lonzo

Started by Txag12, March 01, 2017, 10:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txag12

Want to add another lonzo to the call collection...already have a lonzo slate, lonzo stoned alum (will be against the grain on this but not a huge fan of it or most aluminum), multiple halloran crystals, oak ridge crystal over glass and atomic 13. What combo and pot do you like best? Would like to keep it to a wood pot too. Really debate the hanks zebrawood glass over aluminum as well

Browning87

One of my favorites from lonzo is my glass over aluminum in a black acrylic pot I also have the same combo in leopard wood and it sounds just as good

870BkWht

I know your original post was about Lonzo calls but since you mentioned Hanks I'll weigh in.  Trice and Hanks both make a great call so you won't go wrong with either but that Zebrawood glass over Aluminum from Hanks is quite possibly the best sounding pot I've bought ever.  It's a tie anyways.  I will say that in my opinion the Hanks is easier to hold due to the pot design than Trice calls.

Txag12

I think I have narrowed it down to a glass over aluminum call, I feel it will bridge the gap in what I already have. Now to decide if I go with the hanks, lonzo, or another maker

Snood Life

I second the Roberts bronzed glass over aluminum in a poplar pot. I saw where TJ talked so highly of it, so I picked one up in the classifieds on here. Pure turkey!!!

Rzrbac

I just got one from Mr. Trice in crystal over aluminum in paduack.  It sounds as good as any I've owned although I haven't owned many high end calls.

jjnfla

I just picked up a ziricote bronze glass over aluminum from Lon it's a screamer..

Txag12

Well now it's down to a hanks zebrawood glass over alum, brad Roberts zebrawood bronzed glass over alum, or lonzo glass over aluminum..decisions decisions will have to see what I go with

Txag12

Thanks guys ended up just now ordering one from Brad Roberts. Told him to pick out whatever wood he felt was best. Looking forward to getting it!

REBELYELL

Any of them. They are all top notch.

Brantleyville