OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another gobbler down

Started by TRKYHTR, April 08, 2011, 05:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

My buddy John and I went to the golf coarse again today. I new we were going to have a better day today. It was our third attempt and we had some valuable information attained from the last 2 hunts. We got set up and I put out my 2 decoys and Johns DSD hen. We had several Jakes walk along the skyline gobbling their heads off. There were several other turkeys gobbling but nothing close. Then I heard a gobble that was pretty close. I called a few times and a hen started answering me. We talked a little and then she shut up. The next gobble came at 100 yards and just as they came into view. The gobbler strutted up on a little knoll and had 6 hens with him. I let out a few soft clucks and purrs and yelped 1 time. That was all it took. He slicked down and half strutted the whole way in. He came across a little rock bed and I told John that I had him and that he could shoot anytime. The gun roared and the gobbler hit the dirt. He flopped 1 time and then found the only piece of water in the area, so he doesn't look real good. It was a wonderful day with geese, ducks, rabbits and alot of turkeys. I am downloading the video as I type this.

TRKYHTR

The tree in the background is where we sat up.

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

spur collector

Congrats on a very successful hunt.

turkey slayer

hobbes

Congrats!  Wow........that is a golf course.

renegade19

Cool stuff, thanks for posting!

BOFF

WOOHOO!!

Congrats you two!!

The third time is the charm!!

God Bless,
David B.

cannonball

WyoHunter

Congrats! Is this PAR for the course?
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

NCTURKEYHUNTER

socalturkeyman

Thats fantastic Joe! How in the heck did you ever get permission to hunt a golf course in the first place? haha Good job.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

OLE RASPY

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

catdaddy

Better than a "hole in one"--congrats!!

harvester